Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happy School Year

I finally got an Internet connection. Yay!
We are at the beach and I have been trying to post this forever.
I will try to post as much as possible over the next few days.

Friday was Alyse's 1st day of school.
Ever.
She was excited and nervous but woke up ready to go.
After a yummy breakfast we started a new family tradition.  Josh and I decided that we wanted to begin every school year by giving our girls a yearly verse and prayer.

Alyse's verse for this year is:
Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven

We talked with her about letting her light shine for Jesus and will continue to throughout the year.

Then it was time for some first day of school pictures:




Then we loaded up and headed to drop her off.  She grabbed her bag.  Waved goodbye and was off with no tears from her or from me.



A few hours later I sat through car pool for the first time as a parent and picked up a chatty little girl. 
We went for ice cream and she told me all about her first day.

She told me that she played with 2 girls (who she doesn't know their names.)
Her favorite part of the day was playing outside on the playground.
She claims she was late and the last one there.  (I really doubt that one.)
She learned about Adam and Eve.
She thinks she is going to like school.

Here's to a great 1st year of school.

No comments: