4th of July is one of my favorite holidays.
However, we don't always get to celebrate it big because Josh has to work every year.
This year though we had some family come over for a cookout.
Hot dogs, hamburgers, and of course lots of desserts.
(I love to make desserts! They are my favorite.)
The only picture of food I took was these strawberries.
When I was dipping them, Alyse told me "Mommy, you are an artist. A strawberry artist!"
And since we were celebrating during the day, we didn't have fireworks, so I thought it would be fun to make some glitter fireworks.
They are so simple. We made a paper funnel and put some glitter in the balloons, blew them up, tied them, and then hung them from the basketball hoop. Pop with a needle and the glitter makes a "firework".
We never did get to see any real fireworks.
But we did have a very festive holiday.
No comments:
Post a Comment