Friday, July 22, 2011

Blessings

When people look at this blog, I hope they don't look at the pictures, stories, trip recaps, recipes, crafts and think that I am trying to portray that we have it all together in this little family.  Cause let me tell you - WE DON'T!!!!
And this week has - well, sucked!

I have cried - a lot.
I have yelled - at my husband, my children, the dog....
I have not had patience (see the list above).

There have been a number of points this week that I have broken down.  I have written 2 post this week about it, but I haven't been brave enough to post them.  Maybe I will some time, but today I want to try to be a little positive.

I am not going to think that it is unfair!
I am not going to look at myself and feel insecure/fat/ugly.
I am going to know that I am a good wife and mommy.
And I am going to focus on my blessings!

God really has given us so much and I think He is trying to (still) teach me to rely on Him and to be content and secure.
This past Sunday this song was preformed at church.
I cried every time I heard it.
(Honestly, I was a mess all day Sat/Sun/Mon.  Poor Josh!)
The words were really what I needed to hear this week.  I hope that they bless you too.



And yes, I am crying again as I hear and read those words again.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I love that song!! I'm sorry you've had a horrible week. Hope things get better soon!

Simply Complicated said...

Thank you for sharing this song, what a good reminder!

Unknown said...

Praying you have a better week!!