Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Treasures In The Attic

This weekend Josh and I started a major project of going through both our attics.  (We have one inside and also storage over our garage.)  A friend of mine is having a big yard sale to help support their adoption process so I am wanting to get some good donations to give to her, and organization is always a good thing. 

While we were going through everything I found some "treasures". 


In these 2 boxes guess what I found.....

Roses!
I kept all the roses that Josh gave through high school and college.
I guess I then moved them all to NC and put them in our attic for the last 8yrs.
I am not sure how we didn't smell them, because those things smelled so bad!
We threw them all away.

(I almost called this post "Flowers In The Attic" but I didn't want you to think I had locked my children up there or anything.)

Our next find really was a treasure.

BARBIES!
Yep, that is a bunch of my Barbie stuff from when I was a little girl.

Look how snazzy my Barbies were.
I am not even lying when I tell you that Ken's jacket has sewn in shoulder pads.

And check out these fly girls.
Love the hair and make up!

I also found a Cabbage Patch kid or 3.

We also found a bunch of bears and Beanie Babies.


Alyse has been very happy with her "new" Barbie collection (she doesn't have any of her own Barbies yet) and other "new" toys. 
She has been very entertained the last few days.

Now I am off to clean my tub.... Barbies and babies that have been in an attic for 20some years are very dirty!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like Ken's jumpsuit! Haha! I am sure we would find some treasures in our boxes, too!