For dinner last night I decided that I was not going to do any of the "cooking". I did all the prep work and then when Josh got home we put everything on the grill. (I have never grilled in my life... not sure why. Josh is the "griller" at our house.)
First of all I had my helpers shuck some corn.
Then I wrapped that corn in foil with a pat of butter and some salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
Next I sliced up some potatoes.
I used my Pampered Chef slicer which I love and use a bunch.
*Please note that you should always use the "food holder thing" to protect yourself. Last night I couldn't find it. Alyse asked to help and I said, "No, this is very sharp and it can cut...." Literally as I said the word cut I sliced my thumb open.
After cleaning up my blood.... I made little packets of potatoes with some butter, garlic, and salt and pepper in foil.
We also grilled some pineapple that was drizzled with honey and a little pepper.
I wrapped it foil also because - well, everything else was in foil, but also because I had pre-cut it and it was in small pieces that I thought would fall through.
The pineapple tasted amazing with the chicken that had a "Hawaiian marinade" by McCormick that I grabbed on sale at the grocery store last week.
Here it is all grillin.
Here is my plate full of food.
As we were eating it I told Josh that it was missing some green and it was a little carbohlic, but it was very yummy.
For dessert, Alyse got to do a little more helping.
We sliced a banana down the middle and added some chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
We wrapped it in more foil and put that on the grill and made a banana smore.
I think it was a great summery meal.
Plus the clean up was pretty easy - which makes this girl happy.
1 comment:
Yumm! I have never heard of making a smore with a banana, gonna try that! Eric is the griller here, too! I don't even know how to turn that thing on!
Post a Comment