Then I decided that maybe we should sell our crib/furniture set. We bought it when I was pregnant with Alyse and I liked it, but I never really loved it. I thought that downsizing may be good. So we discussed a price and I put it on Craig's list to see what would happen.
The next morning I woke up to an email saying that someone was interested in buying the furniture. Ruth - the lady emailing me - said that she wanted to get it as soon as possible. We emailed back and forth and she said that she was going to get a certified check made out to me. I went and cleaned out all of Breeley's clothes and the rest of the stuff that was in the multiple drawers. A little while later I saw that she emailed me again. She told me that she would need a driver to come and pick up the furniture so she was going to get me a check for $3,800. She asked me to please cash that check, take out the cost of the furniture, and then give the $3,000+ to the driver to pay for pick up cost and insurance. Ummm NO! I am not going to cash your $3000 check! I'm not stupid! I know that check is going to be bad and I am going to be out a furniture set and almost $4000. No No! I've seen Teen Mom when that one girl fell for that. So I emailed back quickly and said, "No sale!" I was pretty upset about it, but Saturday I got another email that was real this time. Last night a nice couple came and bought my babies furniture and paid cash.
So, Breeley had a little bit of a room make over. Nothing big or expensive, just a cheap crib and new dresser.
Here is what it looked like before.
3 comments:
We LOVE craigslist!! We've only sold a few things, but always make sure to put "cash only". A friend of mine got scammed and lost around $1700! So glad you were able to sell your furniture so quickly.
I LOVE craigslist. 99% of our furniture is from there. We had someone try to scam us as well, but my hubby was wise to it. I love that your point of reference is Farrah from Teen Mom! That show is my total guilty pleasure!
Oh my word! I have never bought anything on Craigslist, nor have we sold anything, either! Yikes! Glad things worked out!
Post a Comment