Monday, June 6, 2011

365.22

Monday, May 30th
Memorial Day
We spent the day running some errands and hanging out at home.  While we were out, we got some lunch.  There was a pretty courtyard with a fountain and flowers.  I thought that it would be a great spot for a picture of the girls in their patriotic outfits.....
This is the best that I got.

Tuesday, May 31st
I can't believe that I am typing this sentence....but I have started running.  Well, actually I am jogging/walking some.  I discovered that the little block that we live on is .08miles.  That means if I run it 4x then I run 3.2miles aka - a 5k.  So I am running every other morning.  (The other days I do a workout at home.)  I was going to do Couch to 5k but then I decided that I would just run the whole thing and try to run more/cut down my time.

Wednesday, June 1st
Alyse has been asking me if she can have a "slumber party" and sleep on the couch.  So on Wed night, we made her a little bed, watched Tangled, and left her to sleep on the couch.
The first few times I went to check on her I was a little nervous that she wouldn't settle down.

But eventually she did fall asleep and stayed all night long.

Thursday, June 2nd
We had a busy day at the sprayground, met Josh for lunch, ran to a few stores... Breeley went to bed early because she never got a great nap.  Alyse was laying in my bed watching TV while I did some stuff around the house.  Ellie (the dog) got up on the bed and snuggled up right next to her.  It was thundering outside and that dog is scared to death of storms.  She shakes uncontrollably.

Friday, June 3rd
We met a friend and went for a walk on the Greenway. 
I let Alyse take her "bike"
(Josh and I have been talking about getting her a real bike, but she doesn't ride it very often.)

Saturday, June 4th
We have a pretty nice neighborhood pool.  However, going to the pool is not my most favorite thing to do.  Alyse is a little bit of a wild swimmer.  She is pretty good but I can not keep up with her and with Breeley at the same time.  Breeley isn't a big fan of the water while Alyse is splashing around like a wild woman.  I also feel like the pool is so dirty.  Not just our pool.  All pools freak me out. 
Usually Josh just takes Alyse by himself and the 2 of them have a ton of fun, but they talked me into going with them this time.
About 10mins after this we had to leave the pool because someone pooped in the pool.
I rest my case.

Sunday, June 5th
My mom bought these dresses for the girls.  They are the same dress but different colors.  Alyse's dress came with a matching dress for a baby doll.  So, she had to dress up one of her dolls and take it with her to church.  Breeley's did not have a matching doll dress, but she wanted a baby doll too.

I love having girls.

3 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

I was never a runner until a few years ago. My friend and I decided to run a half marathon together. So I went from couch to half marathon. The best thing that I learned is that you should keep running, no matter how slow you are running. It is totally true. Even if you are "running" slower than you could walk, the motion and momentum of running helps you when you want to speed up again instead of going from a walk to a run. Just a (hopefully) helpful tidbit!

Your girls' outfits are so cute- the sailor dresses and what I could see of their Memorial Day outfits. :)

I grew up in Arizona where everyone had their own pool. It's hard to get used to community pools, because I agree that they are a little gross!

Angela Braniff said...

They are so gorgeous! Thank goodness Josh is a cop!

Dori said...

Well done, you, on the running! Just like every other new venture, the hardest part is lacing up the shoes and taking that first step. Just don't push too hard--allow yourself to build up to it.

The girlies are adorable--as always!!