The sermon that day was about Elisha telling the widow to collect as many jars as she could and God filled the jars with oil until they ran out of jars. (Obviously Pastor is much better at preaching than me... It is a really good sermon. You can watch it here.)
Ok, back to the jars.
There are 3 jars - 1 for Giving, 1 for Saving, 1 for Spending.
We decided that Alyse is old enough now to get this concept. We didn't really know how to give her money. She does have a little piggy bank that she puts spare change in every once in awhile, but she has never had any type of allowance.
So I came up with this chart. (The teacher in me came out.)
There are 5 "Chores" -
Clean her room, Pick up toys, Dishes to the sink, Clothes in basket, and brush her teeth.
There are also 5 "Behaviors" -
Be kind to others, Obey, Tell the truth, No fussing/complaining, Make wise choices
Then a "Today I" section -
Today I: did my best job, was a good sister, used my manners.
The red section she gets a sticker for practicing her Bible verse
The star is for "Shining moments" when I want to reward her for being extra helpful or sweet.
Since she is 3, we told her each sticker is worth 3 cents. There are 98 spots so we are going to round up and she has the opportunity to earn $3 a week. (We will move it to $4 when she turns 4.)
That is where those jars come back in.
She is giving 10%, saving 50% , and can spend 40%.
We introduced the concept to her the last night.
Josh, our families Business Manager, went over it all with her.
I think it will take a little more explaining, but she seemed excited to start.
(If you would like me to email our chart to you, I would be more than willing to share. Leave me a comment with your email address and I will send it to you.)
5 comments:
Can't wait!! Thanks!
I would love to check out your chart!!!! Also, do you know where the church found those plastic jars? I have been in search for some for my 4 kids so that we can have the three different banks for each. I don't want glass jars b/c they will likely get broken.
THANKS, Stephanie -- for sharing!
I would love to see your chart. My email is mmphilpott@yahoo.com.
I would love the chart! (and the jars) :-) We have a chore chart - but what a good idea to implement behaviors on that as well! And praticing verse, etc. Love it, great thinking. My email is
simplycomplicatedblog@gmail.com
Thanks!!!
Yes, please! I read this and thought I would create my own, only to my excitement to see that you would share! Thanks! josbee@gmail.com
Post a Comment