Tuesday, February 8, 2011

9 Months


This baby girl is growing up way to fast!
She has now been in here in our lives the same amount of time that she was in my belly.
So hard for me to believe!
It is also hard for me to believe all of her 9m stats.

Weight:
19lbs 8oz (70th percentile)
28in (75th percentile)

Clothes: 6-12m, 9m, 12m

Diapers: 3s

Favorite Foods:
We are starting to be more adventurous with her eating.  She has 4 to 5 bottles a day that are either 6 or 8oz.  She likes puffs and cries for them if she sees the container.  We have been trying more table food, and I got the go ahead from her Dr. today that I can try even more.  She doesn't seem to have any allergies, but I have been hesitant just in case.  She also only has one little baby tooth so I there isn't much chewing going on.

Favorite things to do:
*She is starting to talk a little.  Every time that I say "Breeley, say Mama."  She always says "Dadada!" She does know that Josh is Daddy too.  She looks for him when she says it.  She also has started to say "Uh oh" which is the most precious thing ever.  And she uses it in context.  If she drops something or falls down she says "Uh oh".  She also knocked over a bunch of toys in the bathroom one day and her little voice said "uh oh" behind me.  So cute!

* She is stepping and walking a little.  Craziness!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* She is still pretty attached to me.  I do most things holding her, with her holding onto my leg, or her crawling along beside me.  We are pretty much a package deal.  Where I go, she goes.  What I do, she (tries) to do.

Things I don't want to forget
* She is back to sleeping through the night in her own crib.  Yay!  We are all sleeping much better.

* I am wondering what to do with disciplining her... I am use to parenting Alyse who responds to "No", time outs, spankings, discussions, scripture, etc.  Breeley is way too little for most of that, but it is my natural reaction to parent an older child now.  I think she is getting "No" more, but she cries the minute you raise your voice at her.  I mostly redirecting her but she just is too little to understand a lot.  (For example: she constantly stands up in  her high chair.  I put her back in a sitting position over and over.  I pat her little bottom.  I tell her to sit.  I tell her "no no".  Every meal time it is an issue.)  I am going to have to remember how to parent a baby and not just take care of a baby.

* She is the happiest baby.  She also has so much personality.  She makes me laugh everyday! 


4 comments:

Kristin said...

She is a doll!!! Just so cute!

Heather said...

She is just SOOOOO cute!!! I remember having the same issue (and really I still do) with AK as far as the discipline goes. They just don't understand what your older one does but it's hard to remember that, esp. "in the moment." Sounds like Little Miss Breeley is just wonderful! What a blessing!

Sarah Robbins said...

I still remember when you were pregnant with her and now she is such a big girl! Time just flies. She's absolutely precious!

Kelly said...

She is so adorable!!