Sunday, January 9, 2011

8 Months

8 months
wow... 8 months has gone fast.


This picture was taken Friday (on her actual 8m) I just didn't get to post it.
I tried really hard to get one without the tounge sticking out, but this is what I got.
I should have taken a picture of her celebrating by pulling toilet paper all over the bathroom like streamers.

Weight: According to the "Baby Stats" on the Wii Fit that we just got for Christmas, she is 19lbs

Clothes: 6-12m, 9m, and some 12m

Diapers: 3s

Favorite Foods:
My girl loves her some puffs!  She really likes applesauce.  Just recently she has started to realize if we are eating and she isn't.  I have given her a little "real" veggies - like potatoes and carrots.  I also gave her some dinner roll, biscuit, pancake, banana, and a tiny tiny piece of sugar cookie.  The pieces have to be very small because there are still no teeth to chew anything.

Favorite things to do:
* She is in love with her sister.  Everywhere that Alyse is, Breeley is trying to go.
* She is still really attached to me.  She wants to be held, or at least holding onto my leg 80% of the time.  But she is also becoming a little bit of a Daddy's girl.
* She is kinda talking.  She says "Dada" some.  She also sorta says bye bye and waves, but it isn't ever when someone is leaving.  It's just at random times.  Really her waving is lifting her whole arm up and down and waving it around like a crazy child.  She also says "Beeeeee" a lot.  I think it is her saying Breeley.  Josh and I also think it sounds like she says "what" all the time.
*She points to things and sometimes I think she is trying to point at what she wants (like her bottle).  Other times I think it is just her playing.
* She is still a thumb sucker and when she is sleepy she rubs her hair.  She still likes to play with my hair too, but I am really trying to break her of that!!!!  (I am thinking of getting her a wig or hair extension as a "lovie". Ha!)
* She is starting to "cruise" a little.  She will pull herself up on the couch, chairs, people's legs... and then step around a little bit.  She just doesn't have the balance to stand yet.  She has stood for a few seconds a few times, but not a lot.
* She claps all the time.
* If you play music she sits and rocks back and forth.  Super cute!
* She has a new "playing shy" game that she plays.  If anyone talks to her she smiles real big and then dives her head into my (or whomever is holding her) shoulder.  Then she peaks out with that big smile.  I love it!

Things I don't want to forget
* She likes to sleep with us, well, really me.  We are trying to break her of this, and it isn't all the time, but she does sleep much better if her mommy (and my hair) is close to her.  She will be sound asleep in our bed and then I will go and put her in her crib and she wakes up and screams.  I have tried to make her cry it out, but that girl will scream her head off for an hour to an hour and a half and not stop.  She also, well.. lets just say every time I have made her cry it out, a change of diaper, outfit, and even sheets has been necessary along with a bath.  It just turns into a nasty mess.   I don't want her to get use to sleeping with me, but for now it kinda isn't worth the fight.  It isn't every nap/night.  And usually I am in the bed by myself anyway, so for now I am just going to let her cuddle up if she feels the need. 

And just for fun, here are some "outtakes" of our 8m photo session



They can be difficult to work with sometimes!

1 comment:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

I saw her today in the nursery! She was there with Bella. They had a playdate. LOL!