Monday, January 17, 2011

365.2

Project 365, Week 2

Monday - 1/10/11
Snow Day #1
 Most of the wet snow clothes (hats, scarves, mittens) were thrown into a laundry basket, but I hung up our coats and these mittens of Alyse's.  I love mittens on strings.  They remind me of mittens I wore when I was a little girl that my Grandma knit for me.  These are ones I bought at the store, but I still love them.


Tuesday - 1/11/11
Snow Day #2
In the winter months it is not odd for Alyse to take 2 or 3 baths or showers a day.  She will stay in the water for as long as I will let her. 

Wednesday 1/12/11
Snow Day #3
Picture taken by big sister Alyse.  I think she did a great job.  I didn't help her at all.  Just turned the camera on, handed it to her, and showed her what button to push.  (This is one of about 5 by the way.  The shots of me with no makeup were not chosen!)

Thursday 1/13/11
Another day at home - this one more by choice.  2 little girls, 2 runny noses.
I also decided that Breeley was going to get back to sleeping in her own bed!  The last 2 or 3 weeks she was getting use to sleeping in our bed again.  I don't mind sleeping with her every once in awhile, but it was getting to be too much for me.  So we had a Cry It Out night.  (Yes, all those red lights mean she is screaming.)
She actually did ok. I put her down around 9pm and she cried for 20 to 30mins.  At around 2am she woke up crying again.  I went and checked on her, rocked her and she fell back asleep but when I put her in her bed she cried for almost an hour.  But I think it was a good night for both of us.  Since then (knock on wood, throw salt over your shoulder, cross your fingers, etc.....) she has slept in her own bed for a full 12hrs (8:30 to 8:30) every night.
*Bonus picture of the week

Friday - 1/14/11
This was my 1st day out of the house this week.  It was exciting to put on make up and real clothes.
I went to Ladies Night at our church.

The speaker was Christine Caine.  She is an excellent speaker from Hillsong (in Australia - loved her accent!).  She also is the founder of The A21 Campaign (which is helping to stop human trafficking.)  She spoke on loving the Lord with all your heart, your soul, and your mind. (Which is Alyse's Bible verse this month.) It was so good.  I loved standing there worshiping with a room full of women and then hearing Christine.  My favorite point she made was that you have to think about what you are thinking about.  She said it is easy to get on the wrong track, so we need to make sure we are on the right train, taking us to the right place. 

Afterwards there was a group of ladies that were invited to a small gathering.  I was honored to attend and was able to meet a lot of ladies that I have never met before, including Christine and also Lyse TerKeurst (Stay tuned about that topic.  Look for a post in a few days.)

Of course I did not take one picture.  I searched and found some online.  I think these pictures were taken by Sean Lyon.  I saw him walking around with a camera and they "look like him".  (There may have been other photographers there.  I am just guessing these are Sean's.)  Check out these pictures if you want.  They are much better than mine anyway.

Saturday - 1/15/11
A few months ago, probably about 7m ago, right after B was born, we somehow started the tradition of having pancakes every Saturday morning.  Josh always has chocolate chip.  I always have pecan.  Alyse usually ask for Minnie Mouse pancakes (which I decorate with m&ms or chocolate chips).  This morning I made her a snowman pancake.  (I am a novice "pancake artist" now.)  Also this week I made little quarter sized pancakes for Breeley.  She loved them.

Sunday - 1/16/11
Our weekend is usually full of church.  Josh has his responsibilities both on Saturday and Sunday.  I do my "job" on Saturday nights and usually go to a few services on Sunday, but today I decided for me and the girls to stay home. (I had a night off from my "job" so I was able to go into service on Saturday night.)  It felt very very odd to be home on a Sunday morning.  However, I watched the new Elevation Experience that is now airing on TV on the Charlotte CBS station WBTV.  It will be on every Sunday at 11am. 
If you live in NC/SC and get WBTV you should watch it.  If you do not live in the viewing area, you can always watch it online here


*I love how this is becoming a weekly recap.  I also love how I am blogging about things that I would have probably not taken the time to post about before. 

Now, time to start working on week 3.

2 comments:

JenB said...

Fun! Pancakes were a tradition on Sat or Sun when I was little. Big letters are easy to make too and the kids will love it!

Lyryn said...

I love the shower pic!