A real White Christmas - which is rare here in Charlotte!
By the next morning we had a few inches of snow. (I'm not really sure how much.)
I woke up to Alyse saying "Mommy! Daddy! Snow!" She then rushed to the window and said "It's all so magical" (Which is a direct quote from a Belle Disney Princess CD that she listens to all the time. It made me laugh!)
After some breakfast I started the hunt to find some "snow clothes". We weren't very prepared.... Note to self, get some jackets, gloves, hats, etc... We did have those boots that I stole from Target for Alyse to wear.
This was Breeley and Ellie (our dog's) 1st snow, so it was very exciting. Ellie liked it much more than Breeley did.
It took much longer to find clothes and get everyone dressed than actual time spent out playing, but that's ok.
I wanted to have hot chocolate and snow cream, but Alyse was not interested in either. Josh started a fire (ie- flipped the switch on our gas fireplace, which we don't do very often. So expensive!) and then we spent the rest of the day playing inside. It pretty much was a perfect snow day. Nothing to do but relax!
No comments:
Post a Comment