Thursday, December 16, 2010

Candy House

Walking through Target last week Alyse saw a gingerbread house kit.  She asked if she could make the "candy house".  I had already planned on letting her get one so I let her pick out the one she wanted and she put it in the cart.  For the next few days she kept asking about it, but we agreed that we were going to wait for Daddy to help her build her house.

 She was very excited when it was her turn to decorate.


Breeley didn't help this year, but maybe next year.

In the middle of all the decorating, Santa came on a fire truck.

By the time we got outside he had just moved down the street, but Alyse got to wave to him and an elf brought her a candy cane.

She was a little sad cause she wanted to give him her letter, but I promised that we would send it to Santa.

Here is her final "candy house"

I love Christmas traditions!

4 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

What a nice Gingerbread house! That is so cool that Santa came through the neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

The ginerbread house is so cute. I thought about doing one this year. I have never made one before. Hubs would laugh at me if I tried to make him help me though.

Meadowlark said...

I'm just wondering why her's looks sooooo much better than mine. She must be patient. Or avoid the wine. Yeah... it's probably the last one.

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Natalie said...

So cute! I had delusions of grandeur when I got a gingerbread house kit for Chris and the kids to decorate together and learned that meringue powder for the royal icing is a MUST if you want the hosue to stay in tact. It looked like I reenacted WWII bombings the next morning when overnight the roof slid off and broke the rest of the structure. Sigh. Still tastes good though! ;)