Friday, November 12, 2010

It's Starting

Yesterday was one of my favorite days of the year.  It was the day that I got to go to the Southern Christmas Show.  (For those of you not familiar with it, just imagine 3 buildings full of Christmas gifts, decorations, food, etc...).  I love it and look forward to going every year.  It is like the beginning of the Christmas season for me.

This year my mom brought her friend, Ms Joanie with her and they walked around each pushing one of the girls in their strollers.  That was great for me since I was able to weave my way through the busy booths and really focus on things semi-child free. 

I promised Josh that I would be good, so I didn't do a whole ton of shopping, but I did get a few gifts, and ideas and inspiration to pull out all my decorations.  (I'm thinking next week is my decorating week.  That way if I go back to the show with my friend next week I can see the things that I may "need" to pick up.)

Breeley's 1st time at the Christmas Show

Poor Alyse wasn't feeling too good.  In fact, we stopped at the Drs. office on the way to the show.  He gave us some meds, wrote out a prescription for Croup, and sent us on our way because she told him about 5x that she was going to the Christmas show to see "all the Christmas".  She did tell me a few times that she didn't feel good but for the most part she was so happy to be with all the Christmas stuff she didn't seem to mind too much that she didn't feel well.  When we left she cried cause she wanted "more Christmas".




2 comments:

Kristin said...

I LOVE the Christmas show!! I'm going Monday with my sister-in-law who has never been. I can't wait to show her "the ropes" :) I look forward to the show every year!

Mindy said...

I CANNOT tell you how much I miss the Souhtern Christmas Show.

I love the mountains where I live now.....but miss the great events in Charlotte!!!