Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Goodbye 20s, Hello 30s


On Monday I celebrated my 30th birthday.

In the morning I was celebrated by being given my favorite Starbucks drink (a raspberry chai latte) and 30 roses.

In the afternoon we went out for mexican food and then a trip to the Christmas store, because both of those things make me very happy.

My sister and I then went for some much needed mani/pedis so that we could celebrate our birthday together.  (Yes, I am a twin for those of you who didn't know that or forgot.)

Then we exchanged presents and had dinner together at the Cheesecake Factory.

It was a good day, nothing big and elaborate, but I felt very blessed and loved.
(If you sent me a text, tweet, facebook message, called me, etc., thank you very much!)

Honestly, I don't feel any different being 30 but it is weird to have a 3 in front of my age instead of a 2...
And I do have to say that I like my new license photo more than I like my last one.
So I guess that is a positive.

My first 30 years were pretty good.
I had a great childhood, I found the love of my life, I graduated High School, I had so much fun in college, I married that love of my life.
 I taught a little and learned a lot...
I've had 2 precious baby girls that are the best gift God could have ever given me.
I have lots of friends and family that love me and who I love, a wonderful church to be a part of, and I'm living the life that I always wished for.

I hope the next 30 years are just as good as the past 30 were.
Ok, now I sound like a Tim McGraw song.


3 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

Happy Birthday! I LOVE Cheesecake Factory; it's one of my favorite places to go to celebrate. I am glad everyone worked so hard to make it special. Did you get anything fun at the Christmas store?

Unknown said...

Hooray for feeling good about turning 30! I have never been to the Cheesecake Factory, but I have heard it's good!

mrs. fuzz said...

I feel like my 20s just flew by!!! It is weird to be 30, but I feel the same as you about the wonderful blessings I experienced in my 20s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'll be 31 in January and I just feel like I am getting so old. :)