While Josh was carving I read this poem to Alyse:
Pumpkin Prayer
(I shared this last year, but I still love it and had to post again.)
Dear God,
Open my mind so I can learn about You;
(Cut the top of the pumpkin)
Take away all my sin and forgive me for the wrong things I do;
(Clean out the inside)
Open my eyes so Your Love I will see;
(Cut eyes)
Open my ears so Your Word I will hear;
(Cut ears)
Open my mouth so I can tell others about You;
(Cut mouth)
Let Your Light shine in all I say and do! Amen.
(Place a candle and light)
After we were done, Alyse and I made cinnamon sugar pumpkin seeds for the 1st time.
Now the girls costumes are pulled out and we are ready to celebrate and get Josh and Alyse some candy.
I can't wait to show you how cute they are all dressed up!
1 comment:
Very cute!
Gonna steal the prayer. Hope you don't mind. We are carving our pumpkins later this afternoon.
We aren't doing jack-o-lanterns but hopefully I can use the first two lines and the last one anyway.
Post a Comment