Friday, August 27, 2010

I've Been Reading

One of my favorite things to do in the summer is to lay out in the sun reading a good book.  Sadly I haven't got to spend a lot of time doing that this summer, but I have still be reading a bunch of good books.


This book was for some reason really hard for me to read.  I, of course, knew the story but I found myself crying many times while reading it.  Angie's testimony is so inspirational.

I think if you have girls, you have to read this book.  It was very encouraging to me and gave me lots to think about.  However, I have to say this book scared me to death!!!!  I am so blessed to have 2 beautiful girls, but it was a reminder about how big of a job it is to raise godly children.

This was just a fun read for me.  I have read a bunch of Sophie Kinsella/Madeleine Wickham's books.  I took it to the weekend that Josh and I went to the beach for our anniversary.  It ended up getting soaking wet when a huge wave rushed up and soaked us.  I jumped for the camera and my phone.  The book suffered... 

This was another one that I read just for fun.  My sister is a big Tori Spelling fan and I bought/read her other 2 books and then given them to my sister.  I figured since I read the other ones I might as well read this one too.  It is just something to pick up while I am outside with Alyse.  (I can't read serious books cause I get distracted easily.)

I was honored to be given a copy of this book.  This book was written by our pastor, Pastor Steven Furtick.  It is not yet released.  It comes out Sept 21st.  (You can pre-order it here.) The book is wonderful.  If you read it you will laugh, maybe cry, and will be so inspired!  I'm so proud of Pastor Steven.  For more information, check out the website.

These are next up on my list:

I think Alyse and I are going to benefit from me reading this book!

I can't wait to read this one....


I read this book already a few years ago.  I think it is time to re-read it.

I started to read this one, but didn't get to finish it.  So, I'm going to start over.


Is there any other "must reads" that I need to add to the list?

4 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

Don't Make Me Count to 3 is on my list for this year too.

I LOVED Grace Based Parenting by Tim Kimmel. And I am also really liking The Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson. Probably the two best parenting books I have ever read...

As for fun, I recently started reading the Meg Cabot adult books. If you like Sophie Kinsella, you will probably like these as well. I started with The Queen of Babble series. Easy, light fun...

Happy Reading! I love when people post their reading; it gives me so many new book selections.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I am reading Lisa W book now...and another good read The Help....Love your blog....

Unknown said...

I can't wait to get the raising girls books, we really need to read that!!

Joni said...

SO I know this is an older post, but if you're going for anything "fictional" I love anything by Jodi Picault, however, be preparied to cry. I read her book My Sisters Keeper. and am currently reading one about a girl with OI (osteogenisis imperfecta? spelling?) the brittle bones disease, sounds crude, but that's all I can think of right now...sorry...but she is an amazing author and I cant put her books down, they are sooo good and when you get to the end you just dont want it to be over.