Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 3rd and 4th of July

I have a love/hate relationship with the 4th of July.
Really - I love it much more than I hate it.

I love it because I'm all about dressing up in red, white, and blue.


I love the parades and ice cream.


I love the pool time.
(Someone wouldn't smile cause they were ready to get in the pool!)


I love the firework displays.



* All the previous pictures were taken on the 3rd of July.  We did most of our celebrating then.  I  was very thankful that our little town's parade and also nearby fireworks were on the 3rd so Josh could go with us. 

And this year I loved that it was on a Sunday so we could celebrate at church. 
(I never got a picture of Alyse on the slide, bounce house, or playing games.... somehow I just got food and the face painting.)




I don't love that all night I was scared to death my house was going to burn down because the neighborhood kids were setting off fireworks.

And I really don't love that Josh is required to work the 4th of July every year.

But really we had a very happy 4th of July and I hope that you did too!

1 comment:

Casper said...

I love the matching dresses in the last picture. The girls are so pretty.