Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Kidnapped

When I was a little girl my parents use to surprise my sister and I by telling us that they were going to kidnap us and take us on surprise trip.  Last week, Josh and I decided that we were going to kidnap Alyse for the first time.

We packed a little gift bag full of sand toys, sunscreen, a new bathing suit, sunglasses, and a towel.  We let her open it and guess where we were going.

She is a smart little 3 year old and figured it out right away that we were headed to
THE BEACH

Alyse had so much fun!
We only stayed for the day.  We thought about staying longer, but when we got to Myrtle Beach we discovered that it was Bike Week.  So we didn't even try to find a hotel room.  We just played for a few hours and headed back home.

Hopefully we can make another trip to the beach again soon!!!!

3 comments:

Leah said...

I love that idea!!! How sweet! It looks like she had a great time! And what a smile! She is definitely a daddy's girl! :)

Unknown said...

What a cute idea, however I am such a Mom and when i saw kidnapped, I was like oh no, and started panicking!! How much fun!! I love suit!

Natalie said...

What a great memory and tradition! The closest "beach" we have nearby is along a man-made lake. It'd take us nearly a day to get to an actual beach, but I know my children would absolutely LOVE it!

Such cute pictures and great example of taking time for family. Thanks for the post!