Monday, June 7, 2010

Blooming

When I think of my "dream house" I think of a big white Victorian or plantation style house with blue shutters and a big porch with a porch swing where I can sip a sweet tea or Diet Coke.  I also see a garden full of roses, hydrangeas, and other beautiful flowers.

So, when we moved here to NC and we built our first house (a small white house with blue shutters...) almost 6 years ago, I decided that we had to have some rose bushes and hydrangeas.

Right away the roses bloomed, which made me happy since I am not the best gardener in the world.
But the 2 hydrangea bushes never did anything!
For 5 spring/summers there has never been one blossom.  One of the bushes did start to grow bigger and always was nice and green but there was never even a little bud on the whole bush.

That is until this year!
Right after Breeley was born, Josh was in the back yard playing with Alyse.  He came to the back door and told me to come outside.  I came out and saw this:


Now after a few weeks, lots of rain, some sunshine, and a little watering from Alyse

We have beautiful hydrangeas!!!!

I guess I just have to keep waiting and maybe that small white house with blue shutters will grow up into the big Victorian or plantation home with the porch and porch swing....

But for now I will enjoy the small one with the roses and hydrangeas.

2 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

I LOVE hydrangeas! I want to plant some next year. . .

Kelly said...

beautiful!!