Want to know some of the things that I've been thinking about at 4am when I am just laying in my bed staring into darkness?
- I wonder if I am actually going to make it to Friday. Seriously, I think this baby wants to come out of me. I went to the Dr. last Friday and she told me that I am dilated (2 to 3cm) and that Breeley has dropped and she could feel the head, but she wants me to stay off my feet as much as possible and we will still plan on a Friday morning c-section. I've done my best to listen and stay in bed, but last night when I was having contractions 2 to 3 minutes apart Josh and I decided that this baby might just surprise us one more time.
- I wonder what Breeley is going to look like? Will she be similar to Alyse or completely different?
- Someone asked me the other day what the baby's name was. I replied "Breeley May". She smiled and said "May because she is going to be born in May?" Ya'll I had not even noticed that! We picked May because it was my Grandma's name. Is it weird that I didn't even make that connection?
- I somehow found myself looking at pictures of teenagers I don't even really know that well on Facebook. They were all dressed up and ready to go to prom. All these prom memories came rushing back at me. I called Josh to reminisce with me. I said something about us being young and in love. He said, "We are still young and in love!" Yes, we are...but there is now a 3yr old and a big belly that have changed things just a little. But I admit, sometimes its hard to believe that we aren't those same 2 teenagers who got all dressed up for prom. When did we grow up?
- I can not wait for Josh to be off on "baby leave". He is taking 3 weeks off! Tim, his partner, has told us that he is not happy about Josh leaving him for so long and his Sgt told him the same thing, but I could not be happier. And once Alyse figures out that he is going to be around so much she is going to be the happiest of us all. She loves her Daddy time. This weekend they had a little preview of what their time together is going to be like. Josh and her went out for ice cream, played in the backyard, went to the park, watched movies, played with toys, ticked and chased each other around the house... She was in heaven. (And a little pink because Daddy didn't really think about sunscreen-but that's ok.)
- I'm very sleepy...........
6 comments:
I'm praying for you this week! I hope you have a great week and a happy safe delivery!
Hope you can get some sleep the next few nights before Breeley comes....can't wait to hear about her arrival!
I'm praying for you too this week Stephanie!
I don't know if I should pray for Miss Breeley to make her arrival a surprise or if I should pray for her to wait til Friday. ;)
Rest up girl! You're about to have a newborn again!
in HIM-
Mindy
I can't wait to see what Breeley is going to look like!!! I hope that everything goes smoothly!
That is so wonderful that Josh is going to be home for 3 weeks! I am sure that Aylse will enjoy the extra attention to after the baby arrives!
SO EXCITED FOR Y'ALL!
So happy for you!!! This time last year, I was just like you....waiting for my sweet Avery Kate to make her debut and now she is almost one!!! Cannot believe it! Enjoy every second...both now and after she comes! Can't wait to see her sweet face!!! OH- and I think she will look like Alyse!! :)
Today (May 5th) my baby just turned 2. I can't hardly believe where the time goes! Glad you're paying attention to your body and am praying for a great birthing time for you!
Post a Comment