Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I will bring praise

For about 8 months Josh and I had been "trying" for a baby. I know that for some people that is a very short length of time, but I was starting to get discouraged. This song was my comfort.

I have decided I have resolved
To wait upon you Lord
My rock and redeemer shall not be moved
I'll wait upon you Lord


As surely as the sun will rise
You'll come to us
As certain as the dawn appears

You'll come let your glory fall
As you respond to us
Spirit reign flood our hearts
With holy fire again

We are not shaken we are not moved
We wait upon you Lord
Our Mighty deliverer my triumph and truth
I'll wait upon you Lord

Chains be broken
Lives be healed
Eyes be opened
Christ is revealed


July 2009- I left the doctor's office and went to my car. I called my mom and told her that yes, I had lost the baby. I sat in that parking garage and cried. Once I pulled myself together I started the car to drive home. As I drove down the road this song started to play.

This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in the hunger in me
My God is a God who provides

And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames

And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain

I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow


I cried again! Hard!

I didn't know that a few weeks later, I would be pregnant again and that God had a victory instore for Josh and I.

Fast forward.

The past 2 weekends we have sang both of these songs at church. And I don't think that was just by chance...

Both times I have stood there in the front row with tears rolling down my cheeks. Both times I've stood there will a huge pregnant belly realizing that God did come and even though there was an unexpected battle, triumph was on it's way and now the harvest is here.

And I will bring praise!

3 comments:

Sheyna said...

I too have been so blessed by both of those songs at Elevation in the last 2 weeks. My hubby lost his job of 10 years just a few weeks ago and we are daily learning to bring praise through every circumstance. Praying for you this week! Can't wait to see pics of Breeley & hope we can meet sometime at church. God bless!

Jim, Heather, Jordan and Madison said...

I just had to leave a comment...... I saw your blog on Colleen's blog. I posted about the Desert Song on Monday and entitled mine "I will bring praise" too!! Coincidence? I am five years out of an abusive marriage and sinful behavior...... My desert. Since, I have renewed my faith started a new career, married a Godly man, found Elevation...... My harvest. God is so steadfast. I am happy to have connected with you and I will be praying for your new baby and family of four. Many blessings to you all!!

Natalie said...

Thank you SO much for this post! I too had some pretty powerful moments during church on Sunday confirming my role as a mother.

Where I use to stress and worry over my inabilities to soon care for 3 children 4 and under, I'm now getting SO excited and at peace!

I love keeping updated with you and am so grateful you share such positive experiences.