Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chief's Award

Josh forwarded me an email a few weeks ago from his work e-mail account.
Apparently he, and the other members of his 4 man unit, won a "Chief's Award".
The awards ceremony was yesterday.
(Not the best timing... but oh well.)
Because I love my husband very much, we packed a diaper bag (that included 2 kinds of pain medications for me) and we headed to the Police & Fire Academy for the ceremony.

I have to admit that I missed his actual award presentation... My parents and Alyse got to see it, but Breeley and I were in a dark lecture room nursing and trying to stay away from the crowd.

And honestly... I'm not really sure why he received the award. I believe he told me it was because it was a successful new unit that had helped to drop the crime rate in his division greatly. They have also arrested over 30 repeat offenders that were high priority.

It really doesn't matter to me why he got the award. I just know that we are proud of him and I think he looks really handsome in his uniform!





7 comments:

mrsofficer said...

Congrats, and the pics of the hubs with the girls are to precious!!!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations on both baby and award!! Love the family pics. You have a beautiful family!

Jillian said...

I just stumbled across your blog... I'm a fellow LE wife and a mommy of two precious girls, also. Sounds like we have a lot in common! You have a BEAUTIFUL family. Congratulations on your husband's award and the new baby.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Congratulations....Enjoyed my stop at your blog...Hope you will visit me....Just posted on MAKING a DIFFERENCE!
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

Natalie said...

Congrats to Josh! It sounds like he's a great officer, but humble as well to get recognition for doing the job that he loves, but I just LOVE that this event gave you a chance to get family pics with him in uniform! I just seeing police uniforms, especially while holding precious children... ;) Such a beautiful family!

Unknown said...

Yea for Josh! What a cute family!!

CM said...

Wow, what timing! Congrats to your hubby on his award. That's something to really be proud of. It's nice when the administration recognizes the efforts of it's officers. Good job!

BTW, your baby girl is ADORABLE!