Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tea Party

Alyse has been obsessed with birthday parties since her birthday last month.
Almost every day she sets up a party on our dinning room table for someone.
(Mommy, Daddy, Grammy, Papa, Aunt Joy, Mrs. Joanie, Aunt "Deenell")
So, when I told her that we were going to have a real birthday party yesterday, she was so excited.

Yesterday was my mom's birthday. Since she is visiting I decided that we would take her out for a "tea party".

I actually did a lot of research and found a tea house near the 4th Ward Uptown. (Which for those of you not from Charlotte - is the historic district.) But, when I tried to call there was no answer. I am not sure if they have closed or were just closed for the day, but I was very disappointed.

However, I had been told about a little restaurant in downtown Matthews that is like a tea room. So the 3 of us ladies dressed up and went for lunch and tea.

(The shinny band aid on Alyse's arm is from a quick stop at the Dr. office. She was apparently missing one of her vaccinations so we had to stop for her to get a quick shot. She was so brave and didn't even cry. I was so proud of her!)

My mom loves tea. She was actually raised in a very "British" family. When we visit her family in Canada, we drink tea A LOT! So a tea party was perfect.

Alyse had her own little cup and tea pot (full of cool water). She loved it!

The restaurant is called Sante'. It was a very pretty little place. Not exactly what I had planned, but it was very nice.
Alyse like looking out the window at the trains.
And of course our tea party had to have a birthday cake.
We hope you had a great birthday party, Grammy!
We love you very much.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

love the bow in her hair....so beautiful!

Lauren said...

If you find out any further information about the tea room in uptown please share! I've been looking for a place. There is also a place in downtown Concord called, Two Leaves and a Bud. It has been a while since I was there but they had a ton of tea selections and a light lunch menu.

Rebecca said...

What a great way to celebrate! I LOVE tea and can't wait to do this with my daughter :-)