Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Making Lists and Packing Up

No, I have not had a baby yet!
I have had a few emails from people asking if I haven't blogged because I had gone into labor. Nope, I just haven't gotten around to it.

Life has just been busy around here.
Plus I haven't been sleeping great at night (I think my body is preparing itself for a lack of sleep soon...). So if I do have any free time during the day, I have been napping or just relaxing in my bed.

I've also been getting ready for this baby!
You should see the lists (yes, more than 1) that I have going on. (I am a major list maker!)

If for some reason I go into labor before the 7th, I really don't think it will be that hectic because there is a list of everything that I need and things that need to be done. I've already warned a few people that if my water breaks or something, they will be getting an email with a list just for them. (I'm not obsessive at all.....)

One project that has kept me busy is that I decided I better pack for the hospital. I started this project on Sunday afternoon and I am well on my way.

That is most of mine and Breeley's stuff. I might add a few random things and of course all my "getting ready things" (like shower stuff, make-up, toothbrush, etc..) Josh will have to pack his things, and we are also going to have to make an "entertainment/technology bag" (for things like the camera, laptop, cell phone chargers, etc...)

I have kinda stressed about this whole packing thing. The last time I packed to have a baby was over 3 years ago and I have kinda forgot what I took the last time. I tried to do a little Internet search to find suggestions. I cracked up laughing because the big recommendation I heard was snacks. I told Josh that he was in charge of snacks because I am guessing he will be the one who will be eating them. Actually, I have no doubt that my Dad will take care of us all eating. (You have to know him to really get that, but trust me, my Dad always has a plan for when/where/what we are going to eat.)

So, if you have any suggestions of things that I need to take to the hospital, please let me know!!!! If I don't have it already, I will just add it to a list.


4 comments:

Rick Hudgens said...

Is your and Josh’s preference for snacks – plain or peanut M&M’s ?

Unknown said...

I remember taking like a million outfits to dress Molly up in and I was way too tired to do anything, so she wore the little onsie they gave us for like 2 days! I do remember wearing my slippers! Good luck!

Ashley said...

I am no help because I don't remember anything. But I do want to wish you many blessings. How exciting! Can't wait to see pics of your newest addition. :)

Natalie said...

The only suggestion I can make is to NOT take the clothes you put in there out. I did with my first because I was so limited on clothes I fit into, but then I forgot that I did that, so I grabbed my hospital bag only to realize the only thing I really needed was a pair of clean clothes.

So, I went home in the same clothes I arrived at the hospital in, and yes, my water DID break before we got to the hospital, so I felt especially icky. Clothes for the trip home are an absolute must, and preferrably your cute but comfy ones. I made sure of that the second time around, and the mental difference was amazing (my husband could attest to that!)

Good luck! I'm getting SO excited for you!