Let me tell you a few other random things to catch up with you on stuff.
Thursday-Friday: I did a lot of random things. The main highlights were finally getting my new washer and dryer and a trip to Concord Mills... oh and the fire (see below).
Saturday:
First was my sister's baby shower.
I left Josh working all day Saturday on our garage and attic. I went through a ton of boxes on Saturday night and we decided to get rid of a lot of stuff. He also brought a bunch of baby stuff down. (I'll have to work on organizing that this week.)
Sunday:
Church (Josh and I had the day "off" but Josh ended up working security anyway.)
We then came home and continued work on some organizing. Sunday was closet day - but really I only got to Alyse's closet. I still have to do our master closet. (God help me!)
Monday:
Miss Alyse had her 3 year check up today.
Monday:
Miss Alyse had her 3 year check up today.
She did great. She is healthy and I can't believe how big she has gotten in the past year.
She weighs 27lbs exactly (with all her clothes and shoes on.)
She is 36in tall.
(Both are right at the 30th percentile)
The doctor said that looking at her growth pattern he expects her to be pretty petite. I asked what that meant. He said,"Well, she has always been really skinny. So I am guessing she will be skinny and looking at her curve I think she will end up being about 5ft 4in."
I was really surprised by that and told him I thought she would be taller.
He asked how tall I was. I said it was about 5'3'', but her daddy is 6'3'' so I thought she would be taller. He said it was just an estimate, so I could be right.
Either way, I can't really imagine my baby girl being the same height/taller than me. She is too big already!
Also today I was about ready to jump up and down because the plumber came to fix our hot water heater! Praise God!!!!
You see for the past 2 weeks our hot water heater has stopped working. Josh kept going up and relighting the pilot light but it kept going off and our water was freezing! At first we thought there was something wrong with the gas, but Josh did some investigating and it was decided that it had to be something wrong with the hot water heater itself. We were both very concerned about how much that would cost us, but the good news is that it was still under warranty. (The bad news is that we still had to pay a good amount of money to the plumber who built us a brand new heater for the tank.)
It has been a long 2 weeks of gambling to see if we had hot water or not. I would turn on the shower, tub, sink, dishwasher, etc and just pray that hot water would come out. If it did I would not waste a single drop of it. When it was cold, I would wash my hair in the sink (not fun) and also did a lot of this:
Yep, I heated up water on our stove.
That was the best way that I could think of to give Alyse a bath. bathe myself, wash dishes....
I felt like Ma Ingalls!
The only problem was last week during all the drama of everything in my house breaking, I was cooking dinner one night and we had a small fire.
Josh tells me that he cleaned it up and he thinks it was just a freak thing. We think that something fell into the burner or something, but I am still kinda nervous using it.
So, there you are.
You are pretty much caught up on my crazy life.
Hope you have all been well!
(I've missed y'all.)
3 comments:
I'm so glad to hear that Alyse is 27 pounds. My Easton is 2 1/2 and 26 pounds. He's such a picky eater. I get worried about him sometimes. But it makes me feel better than he and Alyse are around the same size!
Baking soda works too on stovetop fires...college experience. ;)
We did the pot boiling too while our pilot light was on the fritz. We thought it was the thermal coupler (let me clarify; the PLUMBER thought that's what it was after my hubby called him...I have no idea what that even is!).
One day we got heat back and we haven't had problems since! Go figure.
Yay for Alyse's petiteness! My kids are super tall (95 & 97th percentile roughly at the last appt) but skinny too (roughly 50th percentile for both of them and it keeps dropping). I don't think there's anything wrong with a petite girl at all!
And your sister's baby shower looked adorable! I LOVE her shirt!
Wow! We thought Molly was going to be a petite little girl when she was born, not any more!! Sorry about the lack of hot water and the fire, yikes!
Post a Comment