I usually tease him that it is because he is so handsome (This started as a joke when we realized that the one girl at Qdoba always gives him more queso than she gives me, even when he isn't in uniform.) I also make fun of him when every time we go Uptown he insist that we have to park at the police lot because it is free. I enjoy the free part (and park there myself most of the time too) but it cracks me up when he drops me off and then walks blocks by himself just so he doesn't have to pay for parking.
My personal favorite discounts are the $5 (or sometimes free) flower bouquets from the vendor that sells flowers Uptown every Friday in the spring and summer.
I also enjoy the discounted dry cleaning of his uniforms. (I'm not really a fan of ironing his uniforms!)
Josh's favorite is the free/discounted drinks and food.
For awhile now he has been telling me about "his Chick-Fil-A". Josh and his partner, Tim, go there at least once a week for their free food.
Well, last Friday, after an OB appointment, Josh decided to take Alyse and I to "his Chick-Fil-A".
Um... I had no clue that my husband was so popular!
We walked in and everyone said hello to him. I thought maybe it was because he was in uniform. (For those of you who don't know, people tend to stare, be really friendly, or ignore and act nervous when there are uniformed police officers around.)
I soon found out that he has his own booth that he always sits at. I found that out when one of the hostesses said "Oh, your husband always sits over here. Please come have a seat. I will go get your food." Now, Chick-Fil-A is always helpful to woman with children, but she was super friendly.
Then the manager came around. (Picture a black woman in her upper 40s, maybe 50s, with big southern hair and accent.) She picked up Alyse and gave her a huge hug, and then squeezed my hand and told me it was so nice to meet me. She then introduced herself as Josh's "Chicken Mama". She told me she makes sure that he is fed and taken care of.
I just smiled as she rubbed Josh's arm.
As we left she again hugged Alyse and I and told us to come back and visit soon. And that she couldn't wait to see pictures of "her new baby girl"!
When we got to the car I started laughing and said something like "Wow! They sure like you there." He just smiled and said they were always really nice.
I was shocked he never told me about this home away from home!
Well, I guess today that Josh and Tim went back for lunch. Josh called me afterwards to tell me that everyone was so excited to meet me and thought Alyse and I were beautiful. Again, I started laughing. I told him to tell them that if it wasn't on the other side of town (and there weren't like a dozen other Chick-Fil-A's between us) I would come more often. But maybe I should try to go see his "Chicken Mama" more often.
3 comments:
to funny! I wish we had all those pirks - I actually do have to iron and put the creases in. No free dry cleaning over here. No free flowers either, booo.
Anyway thanks for sharing. Cute story :-)
What awesome perks! Hubs usually gets discounts at a few locations, but definitely nothing as friendly as Chick-Fil-A! We don't even have those here, and it makes me incredibly sad because it's tasty, tasty!
P.S. I think the friendliness also says a lot about Josh. It takes a great guy to be treated that well!
First off I just have to say I would just be happy I had a Chick Fil A because we don't have them here and I LOVE them!!!
Secondly, how fun for Josh and for you and Alyse! Sounds like a great place to order some "party food"!
Post a Comment