Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Purple Peek

Saturday Alyse was very excited about the plans for the day.
(Josh wasn't quite as excited as she was.)

It was paint the nursery day!

What color did we pick? Purple! (Purple Mist to be exact.)
Alyse insisted on helping and took it very seriously.

She did not think that Daddy could do it on his own and insisted on helping him.
They worked side by side for awhile.

Then this started to happen.
Do you see the hand on the wall?
She just didn't really get that it was wet and she shouldn't touch it.

She would look at her hand and want to wash her hand when she saw paint on it.

After awhile I convinced her that she could go and play and that Daddy could do it without her.
But she kept going to check on him.


She was quite proud of "her" work and has showed it off to a few people who have stopped by. She also is now calling it Breeley's room.
(I have to record her saying "Breeley" because it is precious.)

In the last picture you can kinda get a glimpse of what the color looks like. It is pretty purple, but I like it. (Alyse's room is pink so I wanted a different color.)

Once I get the bedding done, the furniture the way I want it, and some things on the wall I will let you see the whole room. (It may be awhile, so don't get too excited!)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sure Josh truly appreciated her "help." What a fun color, can't wait to see it all finished!!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

That is just soo sweet! I love that she was "Helping" him!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

So cute! This is good for her to like helping! She is going to be a Great big sister

Kelly said...

ohh i love the color! alyse is so cute "helping" :)

Natalie said...

Too cute! We're actually about to start painting my daughter's room a light pink so we can finally get her room finished before the new baby comes. Yeah, we're a bit behind!

Loved the pictures!