Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pretty Pink Ballerina

When I first found out that Alyse was a baby girl, I had visions of pink, hairbows, and tutus that filled my head. I knew that some day she would be my little ballerina.

I've shown you before about how she loves to dance.

Well, yesterday was finally the day to get her all dressed up and ready for her first dance class.


You see my friend Jackie, who I use to teach with and also go to church with, opened her own dance studio right after Alyse was born. I love Jackie and love her vision for her studio. It is a Christian run studio where Christ is glorified in the music, the choreography, the instruction, and in generally all areas. It also is not only a dance studio. They also have art classes and are continually growing and adding different types of classes.

I remember when I was pregnant with Alyse, Jackie telling me that she was going to open her studio and praying with her as she was starting out. I also remember pushing a newborn Alyse in a stroller putting flyers in people's mailboxes announcing the opening of the studio.

Jackie and I have talked for almost 3 years now that Alyse would some day be one of her little students. Well, a few weeks ago I was talking to Jackie and told her that Alyse was turning 3 soon. She told me that she wanted me to bring Alyse to a class to see if she was ready to start.

So yesterday I put her tutu on, grabbed my camera (and tissues) and took her over for a tap/ballet class.

She loved it!!!! I didn't get a lot of pictures, but I did watch her through the glass window and she had a smile on her face and danced right along with those girls who had been doing it for months. Jackie told me that she thinks she is ready, so I guess we now officially have a ballerina in our house.

I did have this moment where I got a little teary eyed. I still can't believe that she is old enough to be in dance class! However, she was just so precious and so happy, I couldn't help but smile.

Just look at how cute she is:

Oh how that picture makes me smile!!!!

I also admit that I kept her dressed like that for hours after her class just because I loved it so much.


10 comments:

Unknown said...

She is just too precious! I can't wait till Little M can go to ballet class1

Mindy said...

All three of my girls do dance classes and we LOVE it!

I really like that yours is Christian based as a company though! That is awesome.
If we ever get move to that area i know were I will take my girls for classes....=)

Natalie said...

What an absolute doll! I've had visions of sugarplum fairies dance through my head with my daughter, but I need to wait for her curiosity to calm down before enrolling her...I'd be chasing her all around more than having her do any actual exercises!

I just LOVE the picture (and can totally relate to wanting to leave the princess in her dance clothes...I just love being a girl).

Anonymous said...

Soo Sweet! She is adorable. Enjoy Dance!!!

Taylor said...

That is so precious! I love that last picture, she seriously looks like a real little ballerina!

Colleen Gebhardt said...

Too cute! Amber started at 2, and is still going strong! She looks beautiful!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

she is too cute for words....

Kelly said...

Adorable!

Marie Marsicano said...

How cute!!! Danielle started when she was just turning two and she is at the dance studio 3 or 4 times a week now and Amber is in her class once again so the cousins are together!!!

It is a great environment for girls...I love our studio and instructor - she truly loves her students and is a great role model for them.

dawn said...

steph ~ she is too cute in this picture!! we love love miss jackie!!! jordyn has been taking dance with her for awhile now! it is a great studio, as you know!! so, are you taking her regularly now??? i meant to ask you last week and forgot!!

talk to you soon!!