I had made signs, had my camera (and tissues) ready, and was set to go to the CLT airport to welcome home this precious girl and her Mommy and Daddy.

(Don't you worry, I already told Joy that I would be stealing that hat in a few months.)
We began to get a little nervous in the afternoon when we heard that Charlotte was starting to cancel flights because of the winter weather that was coming.
After some time it was official that the flight from Chicago that they were suppose to be on was cancelled. We were all very, very sad and we waited anxiously to hear what the next step would be.
We soon got the phone call that Doug had found a flight going to Columbia, SC (about 2 hrs away). Josh and I were quick to volunteer to go pick them up. I knew that Joy was going to be so sad to not have her "Welcome Home Party" but that her and Doug wanted to get home asap!
I was not going to miss the chance to hold my sign and run up to hug them. It was so good to see them after almost 3wks and finally meet Miss Sarah Mei after almost 4yrs of waiting.

Josh and I were honored to be there when Mac, Jacob, and Emma Grace meet their sister for the first time and for Joyce (aka Nana - Joy's mom) to meet her new grandchild.


We got home about 3am, just in time for the sleet and snow to start.
Over the next few days we have gotten to know Sarah Mei a little and she is so sweet! I have told Joy over and over that I can't believe she is really here.
Over the next few days we have gotten to know Sarah Mei a little and she is so sweet! I have told Joy over and over that I can't believe she is really here.
Alyse seems to really like her (but we haven't let her get too close because she still has a small cough.) She also likes her gifts that Aunt Joy brought her from China (and I really like my new purse.) Thank you, Aunt Joy!
Joy hasn't got to post very much since they got home because they are all very tired and getting into their new family routine, but if you would like to continue to read about Miss Sarah Mei, you can check their website under Home Updates.
Or of course you can keep reading here. I am guessing she will show up in a few post here and there. :)

3 comments:
What a sweetie, you all are great friends for being there! I loved your signs!!
So fun! What a blessing!
What a beautiful baby girl! How exciting to finally have her there!
Post a Comment