We had originally planned to be in Florida this week, but things just didn't work out, so instead I went and stayed up there. It was on ok trip..... I ended up getting sick and we had a sad event happen, but I don't want to talk about that right now. I'm going to be Scarlett O'Hara like and "think about that tomorrow".
(Josh - I know that made no sense to you. It is a line from a famous movie called "Gone With The Wind". I know you've never seen it, but lots of people have. Trust me people, I've been working on him for years!)
When I got home I found this waiting for me on the kitchen counter.
I had ordered it before I left and was excited to flip through it.I've already found some recipes that I am going to try out as soon as I can.
I'd like one of those to be the oh so famous cinnamon rolls, but the recipe makes 40 to 50 rolls and that is a lot! Of course I may find some friends who might like to taste test them for me....
Anyway, I thought I would share a recipe (not from the Pioneer Woman) with all of you.
It is a Pampered Chef recipe. (Have I ever told y'all about that one summer I sold Pampered Chef? Basically I just bought stuff and sold enough stuff to fill up my own kitchen with PC stuff and then I quit. I'm not a big sales woman.)
Josh and I really like this recipe and it is perfect for the Super Bowl this coming weekend.
Touchdown Taco Dip
Ingredients:
1 can (9oz) bean dip (I just use refried beans)
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 cup (1 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tomato, seeded and diced
Toppings
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup pitted olives, sliced
1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
Additional sour cream
Step 1
Preheat oven to 350*F
Spread bean dip over bottom of small baking dish
Combine cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning mix, and garlic - mix well
Step 2
Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over bean dip
Sprinkle cheese over top
Bake 15 to 20 mins until cheese is melted
Step 3
Sprinkle the tomato, green onions, olives, and cilantro over top of hot dip.
Garnish with additional sour cream if desired.
Serve with tortilla chips.
I usually leave all the toppings in small bowls and let people add what they would like. I also usually serve with guacamole, salsa, and queso dip. (I put the links of the Pioneer Woman's. Thought those might be good to try.)
It's also a good idea to double the recipe cause it always goes fast!
Hope you all enjoy!
3 comments:
Ooh that recipe looks yummy! I think I'll try it this weekend. I love my Pioneer Woman cookbook! IIt's fun just to look through. The stuffed jalepenos are super good!
I might have to give it a try!!!
YUMMY!
Have a great Super Bowl!
Allison
Sounds delicious!
Speaking of guacamole, my hubby concocted some up last night as we ate soft flour tacos and it was seriously the best guacamole I've ever had.
He loves spice so he added a bit of jalapeno to it, but I couldn't stop eating it until I literally licked the bowl clean the next day.
Then, I developed super nasty indigestion and taught myself a valuable lesson: don't eat excessive amounts of guacamole when pregnant. I'm sure you have much more willpower than I do. It was seriously amazing though!
Sorry for the hijack. Just thought I'd share a pregnant story with you!
Post a Comment