One thing about Josh's job that he loves is that he gets to wear "plain clothes" a lot. They do a lot of surveillance and undercover work. So he has his own little "uniform" that he wears.
Picture this:
Jeans that are super faded -maybe because they are at least 8yrs old
Running shoes that he has had for about 6yrs
And either a UNC or plain dark colored t-shirt.
However, for the past few months, he has added 2 of his favorite old sweatshirts to the uniform.
Exhibit A (Josh with his sister Maria)
Exhibit B (Josh at the car wash. Ha!)
Both of these pictures were taken when we were in High School!
Yes, he has had both of these sweatshirts for at least 13 years!
In fact, the grey sweatshirt he is wearing in exhibit B - one of my first memories of Josh he was wearing that sweatshirt. We were both 15yrs old!
I have tried so hard to empty out our closet and get rid of all these clothes that have seriously been around the whole time that I have known him. However, he now has the excuse of saying "You can't get rid of that. I wear that when I am undercover." or "I need that. It is perfect for fitting over my vest when I am in plain clothes." Drives me crazy!
We have had many conversations about how I was ok with him wearing them to work, but he was NOT allowed to wear them out in public (meaning - if you are wearing that in pictures that I take or when you think you are going to see someone that we know, you are in trouble!)
However he has broke that rule at least twice that I know of!
Exhibit C - Pictures of us getting our Christmas tree this year.
Exhibit D - A few weeks ago I knew that he had a lunch meeting with our Pastor and a few other men from Elevation. He has gone to this meeting for years now, and usually ends up going in uniform. When he came home later in the evening he walked in the door wearing the very faded jeans, nasty shoes, and sweatshirt in exhibit A.
I asked him, "Um... didn't you have your lunch with Pastor today?"
"Yes", he replied.
"Umm...did you wear your uniform?" (Half of it was a question, the other half was a prayer.)
"Nooo. I wore this!" he replied with this grin on his face.
"JOSH! You wore THAT?!?! No you didn't!!!!"
"Yeah, I did. It's fine. They know that I came from work. I wear this for work."
All I could do was shake my head.
How embarrassing!!!!!!
The other "undercover" thing that I don't like is the apparent need for facial hair. I know some people like facial hair, but I'm not really a fan. I like a smooth face to kiss. But I guess that part of the "uniform" is that you have a bunch of stubble on your face. (Sigh)
Josh doesn't always go without shaving, but this past week he didn't shave for days.
This is him on Saturday.
He was again off to church and I told him he had already embarrassed me once with his undercover look in front of Pastor, and he wasn't going to do it again!
He just laughed at me - but he went to church nice and clean shaven.
I would tell you about their undercover car that is literal so ghetto that it has been known to be parked in one spot and then a few hours later be on the other side of the parking lot because it rolled there all on it's own. But..well, I wouldn't want to completely give away all his undercover secrets.
I would tell you about their undercover car that is literal so ghetto that it has been known to be parked in one spot and then a few hours later be on the other side of the parking lot because it rolled there all on it's own. But..well, I wouldn't want to completely give away all his undercover secrets.
Maybe some day I will just throw away those clothes.
Think he would be mad at me?

2 comments:
This post made me laugh SO hard!!! Mostly because I can relate too well (he never throws anything away!), but only now can my hubby use the excuse of working "undercover" with his gross clothes.
I actually made him donate a lot of his ugly polos circa late 80s when I was helping him move out of an apartment while we were dating in 2001 or something.
I'm just amazed that he still fit into the clothes his mom bought him before he was a teenager, but I now know that she would buy everything at lest 3 times too large because he grew so fast.
Back to the apartment clean-up, it was easier to just pack them up and give them away that way so they weren't taking up space and being tempted to wear.
Maybe when you find a new house his old clothes could get mislabeled and donated as well?!
This post was so funny! My hubby and I started dating when I was 15 and he was 16, and we both have clothes from 10 years ago!! Too funny!!
Post a Comment