After four years of waiting, at about 11pm (eastern time) last night, Joy and Doug finally got to hold the baby we have all been praying for in their arms.


(I stole these pictures off of their website. You can go there to read all about their Chinese adventures so far.)
Alyse and I got to talk to Aunt Joy and "meet" Miss Sarah Mei on Skype this morning.
(The picture isn't very good. I was having a lot of computer issues... Oh well!)
From what I could see of her, she was BEAUTIFUL! The whole time we talked, she smiled and played. She seemed so happy! I can't wait to meet her in person.
For now, I am going to pray for them to get some rest and also that all 3 of them would (continue) to bond and fall in love with each other.
Then I am going to try to convince Alyse that Aunt Joy can't talk right now!
(She really likes that headset and keeps "calling" Aunt Joy.)
4 comments:
Congratulations! What a blessed little girl. And Alyse is a hoot! We "call" my nephews on Skype all the time and they love it. Yeah for technology.
So sweet and VERY exciting! I got an email saying that the dress has been shipped. Let me know when you get it -- then i will breathe easier!
in HIM -
Mindy
Yea, so happy for them!! How cool that you could "talk" to them while they are in China!!
What a beautiful blog posting! And what a beautiful family - she is just adorable!
The Blessings of Modern Domestication
http://www.theblessingsofmoderndomestication.blogspot.com
Post a Comment