Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Time Has Come

Wednesday is a big day!
Bright and early Josh is driving a big SUV to the airport.
In that SUV will be two very important people, our very good friends
Joy and Doug.
They are off to Chicago and then China!
They are going to get this precious girl:

That is Miss Sarah Mei. She will be joining our "family" in just a few short days!

Please pray for them!

Here are a few things that I will be praying for:

- Their travel- There are many flights that Joy and Doug will be on over the next 2 and a half weeks. Some of them are here in the United States, but there are also, of course, International flights and inner China flights. Pray for all the steps of all the procedures that they need to go through and also that they will have safe flights.

- Their children who are still here - Mac, Jacob, and Emma Grace will be here waiting for their parents to bring home their new little sister. While they are very excited, it is going to be hard for them to be away from their parents for so long. Emma Grace (who will have her 8th birthday while her parents are out of the country) is having the hardest time. She has her "Nana" who will take wonderful care of her and I also gave her a big hug and kiss today and told her to call me, but I know that she will be missing her mommy and daddy!

- Sarah Mei - This little girl's life is about to change in a huge way! She doesn't know how much love and good things are about to come into her little life. All she is going to know is that some strangers are taking her away from everything that she has ever known. They will look different, talk different.... everything will be new - and maybe a little scary for her. Pray for her transition!!!! Pray that she is healthy! Pray that she will (hopefully quickly) learn to trust and be comfortable with Joy and Doug and her new life.

There is a long list of other things (both big and small) that you could pray for, but those are the main three!


If you want to follow along with them on their journey, you can check out their website HERE

(You will want to click on "Travel Logs" to get updates.)

I will be checking all the time. I will also be on Skype and BBM as much as I can with Joy because, honestly, being away from her for so long will be hard for me too! I cried like a baby when we said goodbye late this afternoon. Some of the tears were probably because I cry pretty easily these days...but most of them were tears of happiness! I am so glad to finally be sending them off to bring Sarah Mei home. And I can't wait for them to bring her home in a few short weeks! I will be there, crying again, ready to welcome them all home!



(You can also follow our friend Dana and her husbands Jeff's journey to get their Chinese daughter here. Jeff and Dana are in the same travel group as Joy and Doug. Through this 4 year wait, they have all become very good friends and I'm excited to meet Aliana Grace too.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How exciting for them!! That is so awesome, I will be praying for them!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Oh Congratulations to them and to your family. She is a precious precious little girl isn't she?