What in the world am I talking about? Headaches!!! Migraines!!!
When I get a headache, I feel like I want to bury myself in my bed and just hide.
I've been on prescription meds before and a few years ago had a lot of test done (blood work, MRIs, CAT scans, etc) to see what was causing them. I can't remember the actual "diagnosis", but there is some kind of "bilateral thickening" that happens causing pressure on my sinuses and muscles right between my eyes, resulting in a killer headache. I also have a very weak neck (They actually think that when my mom was pregnant with Danielle-my twin sister- and me, my sister was pushing on my back and neck with her feet. She has always had problems with her feet and I have always had problems with my neck/shoulders and lower back. Good thing I have a chiropractor for an uncle.)
My headaches actually got much better the last few years...that is until yesterday!
I was walking through the grocery store and I felt a headache coming on. I decided it was just because I really hadn't eaten anything so I decided to finish up, go grab something to eat, and that I would go home and it would go away. Well, it didn't go away. I took some Tylenol, took out my contacts, turned off all the lights in my house, and even drank a drink with some caffeine thinking it would go away or at least get better. Nothing was helping!!!! Two hours after the whole thing started I felt worse than I did before and I started to see spots and hear buzzing.
I called Josh, almost in tears. It has been awhile since he heard that tone in my voice, so he promised to skip overtime and come home. He asked me a bunch of questions, but just like every other time I get a headache, I don't remember much of what he said or what I said. I also probably wasn't making very much sense....
He arrived home as soon as he could and I spent the night not moving from my bed.
He again went over the list with me of things that I know are triggers for me checking to see I hadn't done something that I know would cause a headache.
- Am I stressed out/have a conflict with someone? No, things seem to be going pretty well. Of course I have a few stressful moments here and there, but nothing has me really stressed out.
- Did I eat any peanuts? No! (I'm not allergic to peanuts. They just give me a horrible headache. And it is only peanuts. Pecans, Almonds, Walnuts - I can eat all of those and not have a single issue.)
- Did I wear sunglasses outside? Yes! (I have very sensitive eyes! It could be cloudy outside and I may still have my sunglasses on. If I do any kind of squinting, the pressure between my eyes is way to much to handle!)
- Did I wear any perfume? Nope (Even though I love the smell of perfume, I can't wear it! I learned this when I was student teaching. They would not let us wear perfume because of children with allergies. During that time, my headache issues was so much better. Then I started to wear perfume again and my headaches started to come back. It doesn't bother me when other people wear perfume. I actually get jealous when I hug someone and smell a nice perfume or cologne. However, when I spray it on-or stay in the cosmetic area of a department store for too long - I am ready to cry my head hurts so bad.)
I told him that I was just going to have to add "Did I go to the grocery store?" onto that list. :)
* I am feeling much better today. I still have a little bit of a headache, but it isn't like yesterday at all.
6 comments:
I had H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E headaches during my most recent pregnancy. It could be something pregnancy-related. They were the worst during my second trimester. Just another thought!
Oh, I'm SO sorry! Being pregnant really limits the level of pain killers you can take (don't I know it with my back pain!) so my heart goes out to you.
I actually thought you were talking about zits at first because you mentioned you got them as a teen. I've been breaking out like crazy with this pregnancy and I feel like a hormonal teenager again! ARGH!!
Best of luck to you.
Stephanie,
I feel for you! I get them too... for some unknown reason. Actually, lately they have been direct correlation with the weather. If I get a migraine, its going to rain within 2 days.
I'm praying for you.
I had a roommate that got the WORST migraines often. She ate a lot of bread and she discovered that it was the yeast that was causing the migraines. She hasn't had yeast in 8 years now and hasn't had a migraine in that long. I wonder if it could be something like that?
I'm so sorry that you get those! I get them from smells like people's perfume and other fragrances.
You know I battle HORRIBLE migraines...they have improved the last several months but they have stolen years of my life from me. Praying yours don't come back....to me, they are straight from the devil himself and horrible, horrible, horrible. I had one ALL WEEK last week...and it sure it tough to hide in bed with kiddos. :( Oh, I just pray yours don't get worse!!
Aww...poor Mommy! So glad to hear you are feeling better!
Post a Comment