Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Award Goes To....

It seems that awards season is beginning.
In my US Weekly this past week I looked at all the pretty dresses, shoes, and jewelry that the stars wore to the Golden Globes.

Now, I won't be spending thousands of dollars on an outfit for one night out in a pretty dress, but I did find out that I did get a few blog awards.

Both my blog friends Mandy and Mindy gave me these awards.
(Thank you, girls! I think both of you are fabulous!)


The first is the Beautiful Blogger Award and here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award
2. Copy the award and place it on your blog
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award
4. Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself
5. Nominate 7 bloggers
6. Post links to the 7 blogs I nominate

So here are 7 (somewhat) interesting things about me:
1. I have never in my life been camping.
2. Every once in awhile I just want to walk around a bookstore and create a huge stack of books I want to read. However, that would mean that I would have to find the time to read them all.
3. Speaking of reading - I always read when I am drying my hair. Am I the only one who does that?
4. I worked at a coffee shop all during college...I don't drink coffee.
5. I online shop all the time. However, I put all this stuff in "my cart" and then realize that I need to have some self control and then just close the website. (My virtual closet has some great clothes in it though!)
6. I love to bake and cook, but I don't do it all that much. I wish I was more creative in this department, but I am a super picky eater so new recipes never seem to make it into my kitchen.
7. I don't wear a watch however I am obsessed with what time it is. I'm always looking at my cell phone or looking around for a clock.


Here is my second award.

Here are the rules of the second award {which looks totally yummy!}
1. Copy the award image into a post
2. List 10 things that make you happy
3. Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day
4. Put a link to their blogs
5. Notify the award receivers
6. Recipients should link back to the sender's blog {this is totally optional!}

10 things that make me happy:
1. Josh (I love him.... a lot!)
2. Alyse (She makes me laugh so much! I think she is just precious!)
3. Being pregnant (I really do love it! And can't wait to meet Miss Breeley.)
4. My church (Each Sunday I sit there thinking that I am so glad that I have Elevation and the people from it in my life!)
5. My bed! (It's my happy place!)
6. My television (I wasn't really allowed to watch much TV as a kid. Ever since college when I had my own TV and made my own rules, I've been a little obsessed with my television...)
7. Shopping (Clothes, things for Alyse, now things for Breeley, things for my house...)
8. My computer - Facebook/Twitter/Blogging (And all the new friends that I have meet!)
9. Polka Dots (I always tend to buy things for Alyse with polka dots. I am just drawn to them.)
10. Traveling (Oh how I wish I could do more of this! Love going to new places.)


Ok, and now it is time to share the love:
I would like to present these awards too
1. Kate ~ Called Out One
2. Sarah ~ Our Cozy Robbins Nest
3. Natalie ~ Martin Enterprises
4. Becca ~ Made with Love
5. Heather ~ Life at Sonic Speed
6. Dawn ~ More Than We Can Imagine
7. Kelly ~ Joyful Adorations
8. Megan ~ Tale of the Trees
9. Jenna ~ These Are The Days
10. You ~ If you haven't gotten this award, I would love to give it to you! Comment that you posted about it so I can come see your list!


8 comments:

Natalie said...

Ahh, thanks! I may have to break these two awards up to make it look like I have more creativity through multiple posts, but I look forward to doing them!

It's always fun to learn a little more about our blogging friends. Thanks for sharing!

Natalie said...

Ahh, thanks! I may have to break these two awards up to make it look like I have more creativity through multiple posts, but I look forward to doing them!

It's always fun to learn a little more about our blogging friends. Thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

Aw, you're so sweet! Thanks!

I love polka dots too! They are just so girly! :)

Jenilee said...

Congrats on your awards!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Stephanie!! I love to shop way too much, too!!

Rebecca said...

Seems appropriate - your blog is both sweet and super!!
Keep blogging and unless I go into labor I'll keep reading right along with your other readers :-)

The Blessings of Modern Domestication

Becca said...

Thanks Stephanie! I love getting awards! I will have to pass them on sometime soon!

dawn said...

thanks girl for the award!!! i will post it on my blog, if you haven't noticed i have been taking a little blog break. but thanks for your encouraging comment!! hopefully i will see you this weekend at church, unless the snowy weather changes the plans!!