(Besides, I am trying hard that now that December is here that this won't become a "Christmas blog", but I can't make any promises.)
Here are some facts for you:
How far along?
I am almost 17 weeks. (But I guess you can see that from the sidebar over there.)
How do I feel?
I am feeling ok. I was feeling pretty good until a week ago today. That is the day that I took my last nausea pill. When I went to get it refilled there was some type of issue and they would not give me any pills unless I paid them $300. I would tell you the rest of the story but it isn't that exciting. I'm just praying that I get my mail ordered prescription in "by the end of the week" like they told me.
I am also feeling very tired.
Weight
I personally feel huge! I went to see my Dr last week and she said she was happy because I was finally gaining some weight. "Um...finally?" I asked her. (I have gained a good amount of weight, most of it was at the beginning of my pregnancy. I did the same thing with Alyse.) She then showed me on my chart that my last 3 appointments I had only gained about a 2lbs total. I asked her if I could get back to working out some, but she told me that she wants me to still only do "light walking". Honestly, right now I don't really mind not working out, but I think I will mind after this baby is born when I have a lot of weight to lose and I'm completely out of shape. Plus I had worked really hard to lose about 40lbs so to have it all coming back has been a little hard for me.
At the Drs office she also told me to take it easy and relax as much as I could. I haven't really told a lot of people, but I've had a little bit of spotting on and off. I've been checked a couple of times and my Dr assures me that everything looks fine but she really doesn't want me to over do it.
Boy or Girl?
A lot of people have asked me when and if I am going to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl. YES, I will find out as soon as I can! My Drs office usually does the big ultrasound at 20 weeks. Which for me is Christmas Day. So I should be able to tell you that next week.
I still don't have a feeling if it is a boy or a girl. Alyse says it is a boy. Josh is leaning towards boy too.
I have paid attention to the heart beats to see if they are fast or slow. They have been all over the place. One time it was 130something. The next time it was 160something. This last appointment it was 145. So I can't give you a guess off of that.
If it is a boy, we have a name. If it is a girl, I may need some help on choosing a name.
I really do not have a "preference". If it is a boy, great! I have always kinda saw myself with a little boy, but it also kinda scares me cause I don't know much about boys. If it is a girl, great! Bring on the hair bows and girly things that I love.
Food cravings
There are many times when I don't want to eat anything. Then I get really hungry and want to keep eating and eating. Chips and queso is my biggest craving. I have also had moments where I want a cheeseburger and fries. (I want the fries from McDonalds, but I don't like their cheeseburgers very much.) and a few times I have had to go get myself a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's. Cookies and Cream shakes from Chick-fil-A (no cherry) are also a craving.
Movement?
Not really. There was one moment that I told Josh I felt like the baby did a flip in my stomach...but who knows if it really was a baby moving. Maybe I was just hungry. :)
Funny Moments
One day Alyse and I were out shopping. This lady noticed I was pregnant and asked Alyse if she was going to be a big sister. Alyse acted shy so I said, "Alyse what is in Mommy's belly?" She responded "Max and Ruby. Ruby and Max." The lady smiled and said, "Oh you are having twins! One boy and one girl?" I then had to explain that no there was only one baby, and we didn't know the sex yet, and Ruby and Max are bunnies on TV.
The other night I started to feel hungry. I looked at the clock and it was after 10pm. I decided not to go eat anything because it was pretty late. About an hour later I went to bed, still hungry. After laying there for awhile with my stomach growling I decided to get up and go eat something. So I found myself at 11:45 at night eating chips and queso in bed.
Belly Picture
I know you probably want to see the baby belly. So here it is:

4 comments:
So sweet! I miss being pregnant, I loved it, and you look wonderful! Thanks for the update :)
You look great! Oh, this makes me miss being pregnant, too. Especially the eating whatever you want, even late at night!!! Enjoy that, girlie! :) I am working to get rid of the weight and I am always starving at night!!!
Can't wait to see if the baby is a boy or girl. And I love baby news...so never feel like you can't post about it on here! We want to know stuff!
I love reading baby news too!! You look great in your pictures! I hope you're feeling better soon and you get your meds soon...I know they can be a lifesaver. I wouldn't have been able to function w/o them! Take care of yourself!!
Thanks for the update! I remember walking out of an office one day, smelling french fries, and the overwhelming NEED to get some. Which I did and I sighed while eating every single one! Silly pregnancy cravings!
Post a Comment