One day, a Mommy, a Daddy, and a Grammy decided to take a little girl to go visit Santa. When the little girl walked up and saw all the decorations and Santa's Wonderland, she was quite excited.
She pointed and said "I see Christmas Clause!"
The Mommy smiled and said "Yes, we are going to see Santa. You are going to sit on his lap, tell him what you want for Christmas, and they are going to take your picture."
"O-tay", the little girl replied.
Right before it was her turn, the Daddy reminded her all about how we saw Santa on the Polar Express and he was so nice. He asked if she remembered giving him a big hug.
The little girl had a big smile on her face and seemed ready to run up and have her turn.
Daddy held her hand and started to walk forward.
Panic hit and the little girl started to cry.
She tried to run for the Mommy, but the Daddy picked her up as the crying got louder.
Soon the Mommy had to step in. She walked over, took the little girl and whispered in her ear that it was ok and Santa wanted to see her.
The little girl said "No, no!" over and over again.
Then the Daddy said "Let's just try. Afterwards we can go get some chocolate."
She still wasn't so sure, but she stopped crying and went right to Santa.
She sat still for the picture and even gave him a quick hug and told him "Thank you."
Can't say it was the perfect Christmas tale.
I am just glad she isn't screaming in the picture.


6 comments:
Our first few years for each of them is a screaming child. :)
Don't miss http://www.kansascity.com/static/media/ScarySanta_kr_122208/
Oh, poor Alyse! What a cute, funny story!
She's now all prepared for next year!
P.S. Love what you've done to your page :)
I would like to see a picture of Alyse in that adorable outfit! I want to see the whole outfit. Could you take a picture for me?
Thanks:)
She does not look happy but the things girls must do for a little chocolate!! HEHEHE!
I LOVE this picture! This is always the way these things turn out...
I totally saw you at Toys R US - headed the other way....we were sep. by about 1000 people or I would have tried to yell, "hello!"...
wasn't it crazy?!?!
the things we do for our kids...
love
jess
Reminds me a bit of A Christmas Story! And also why I have yet to have a picture taken of my kiddies with Santa...
Post a Comment