Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Simply Having A Busy Christmas Time

Merry Christmas Eve - Eve!

My to-do list this week has kept me very busy this week.
(I am sure all of you could say the same thing.)

One of the main things that I wanted to do was a little Christmas baking. So yesterday, I got my little helper, pulled out the aprons and baking supplies, and we got to work.

As you can see, Alyse was also very interested in the Christmas movies that were playing on the TV since she refused to look at me. She also had her own little bowl of chocolate for dipping because she did a little taste testing as she was dipping. (See the above evidence of smudges on her face.)

Here are a few things that we made.

White chocolate dipped oreos.

Chocolate dipped pretzels

Brownie Bites (These are like cake balls, but made with brownies instead.)

Truffles (covered in sprinkles, oreos, and pecans)

We made a few other things (like mini pecan tarts and chocolate covered graham cracker "toffee"). Plus, I am going over to my friend Joy's house to do a little cookie exchange in a little bit. (Every year we double our recipes and then switch cookies. She will give me another kind of oreo truffles, peanut butter balls, forgotten cookies, etc.)

I also wrapped a bunch of our presents. There are still a few more to finish up, and a few more that I need to re-wrap since Alyse decided to open a few yesterday. Not sure why she decided to do that! She has done so good not touching presents or decorations. But at least she didn't open any of her own. (She opened 2 of my mom's and 1 of my sister's,)

I have finished most of my list, but today is turning out to be pretty busy too. But I have to say as tired as I feel - I am so excited about Christmas. The next 3 days will be busy but I really do think it is the most wonderful time of the year!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Save me some of the chocolate covered Oreos!!!! And my presents! Alyse always does like my stuff!

Dori said...

I *love* Christmas! Love it. The 4-year-old son and I have had a lot of fun baking. He's been going through the "If You Take A Mouse To The Movies" book and getting ideas for projects.

I haven't put any of our presents out--the resident 2-year-old would have ripped into every single one! Though she did really well at my parent's house. They're always better behaved over there anyway. :D

Unknown said...

Wow, you have been busy! All of those treats look delicious!! Merry Christmas!