I had a plan to put together a Christmas decoration post to put up on "The Nester" like everyone, but honestly I couldn't get one together this morning. Plus, I felt like y'all have already seen so many of my decorations, so I decided to move on.
Instead, I will tell you about our oh so exciting weekend.
It really was pretty full.
First of all, I took Miss Alyse to go get her hair cut.
I take her to a fancy kids place, which is pretty expensive, but she sits so still and loved watching the Christmas movie that was playing. They had a little police car that I almost requested, but they were really nice and fit us in, so we just took the taxi instead. Maybe we will get the police car next time.
Here is Alyse modeling her finished hair cut.
Saturday morning we got up and took our princess to see "The Princess and the Frog". Alyse loved it. (This is the best picture that I could get. She refused to look at me.)

A few people asked me what I thought about it. I liked it. Yes, I can see how some people would think it was a little scary for kids, but Alyse isn't really the type to get scared over movies. If she does start to get nervous, it is easy to distract her. (Josh took her out one time to get some popcorn at a "scary" part, plus he talked to her about whispering.) Really, I think most Disney movies have scary parts to them. But all in all, I think it was a good movie.
However, looking at how happy they make her, I think I may need to get over it:
Alyse was very excited and talked through most of the movie. I kept trying to "shush" her, but she kept talking and talking. (Josh and I thought it was kinda funny, but I am sure that everyone else in the theater was wishing the little girl in the back would just be quite.)
A few people asked me what I thought about it. I liked it. Yes, I can see how some people would think it was a little scary for kids, but Alyse isn't really the type to get scared over movies. If she does start to get nervous, it is easy to distract her. (Josh took her out one time to get some popcorn at a "scary" part, plus he talked to her about whispering.) Really, I think most Disney movies have scary parts to them. But all in all, I think it was a good movie.
Sunday morning, was another great morning at church. After the services there was another meeting. On our way out, a volunteer gave Alyse a bunch of balloons. She was very excited about them.
See:
You see when I was a little girl, my mom never let us play with balloons. To make a long story short, when she was a little girl she had a cousin who choked on a balloon and passed away. So she was always very cautious about us playing with them. This lead to me also being very cautious about Alyse playing with them. (No, I don't think she is going to die playing with one, it just makes me very nervous. Oh, and I'm ok with mylar balloons, it is just the latex that scare me a little.)
However, looking at how happy they make her, I think I may need to get over it:

1 comment:
Her haircut is so cute! Okay, I am glad I am not the only one, I HATE, like really hate balloons! I can handle the the mylar ones, but not the other ones. Gross! But Alyse did look cute jumping with the balloons!
Post a Comment