Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas List

This week I have a few post that I am going to repost from last year. If you've read them before, sorry about that. I did update them a little. However, I thought that it could be like a new Christmas tradition. :)

A little Christmas list for you:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. We all have our own special wrapping paper, but for those hard to wrap gifts we use gift bags.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Some of both
3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving Day. This year was a little early though.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually on New Years Day or the day after
5. Do you like eggnog? No
6. Favorite gift received as a child? That is really hard. I remember being excited about our play kitchen, and our bikes. We also got DC Talk tickets one year and that was a big deal. I was happy to get my own TV one year too.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My mom. She never tells us what she wants and it is hard to be creative sometimes. My dad can be a little difficult too. However I do have a couple of gifts that I "need" to get for people I don't know very well. That is hard for me. I hate to just grab a gift card, but I guess that is the best option.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Alyse
9. Do you have a nativity scene? I have 3 and Alyse has the Little People Nativity
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Well, really hand deliver a lot. Usually put it on my blog too.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't say. What if the person who gave it to me reads my blog?!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Holiday Inn...no, White Christmas... no, All I Want for Christmas...., no I don't know I like all 3 of those, plus a few others. (I tell you about those tomorrow.)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually the beginning of the shopping season is at the Christmas show or right after Thanksgiving
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Maybe.....ok, yes.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Monkey Bread Muffins on Christmas morning
16. Lights on the tree? The more lights the better! Most of them are white, but we have one tree with colored lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? It is hard to pick... I like "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" or "Happy Holidays". I also like "Oh Holy Night"
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home for the Holidays
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I would have to sing "Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer", but I think I could.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I have stars or big bows at the top of all my trees. Next year I really want to have at least one tree with a very dramatic big topper.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open one present on Christmas Eve (new pjs!) and then the rest on Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? How crazy stressed people get. Also wish that I had more money to buy gifts with and give away. This year we are really trying to cut back on spending money on gifts. It has been hard on me. Gift giving is my love language!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I am all about red and green polka dots (again) this year.
24. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? Dessert. Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I need to put a REAL list together, but I know that I really want/need a new camera.

Now it's your turn. Go ahead and fill out your own answers and post on your blog!

3 comments:

Joy said...

#11 has me worried. Thanks for not posting that one...what if it was a gift I gave you? HEHEHEHE!!!

Let's be friends this week or next-K?

joy

Unknown said...

Great list! We are cutting way back on gifts too, it so hard! We do pj's on Christmas Eve, too!!

Natalie said...

Thanks for the list! I can't wait to do my own on my blog. It's nice having blog topics when not knowing where to start on such a wonderful season!

Happy Holidays!!!