I know it's been almost a week.
Sorry about that!
Let me catch you up on some stuff
- Happy Thanksgiving!
Yes, we did celebrate. No, there are no pictures... (I know! Horrible!)
We had planned on being at my parents for Thanksgiving, but I found out last Monday that there was a change of plans and I would be hosting Thanksgiving. I did some quick shopping and cleaning and had things ready to host 8 adults, 2 little girls, and 3 dogs. We watched the parade, ate lots of food, etc... I did write a list of things that I was thankful for, but I never posted it. Here is a short recap: I'm thankful for Josh, Alyse, Baby, Family, Friends, Church, and many other blessings big and small.
- Josh was on the computer and discovered that one of the gifts that we were planning on buying for Alyse for Christmas was on sale at Toys R Us for Black Friday. He decided that he wanted to go. He had never been before, and I tried to warn him, but he didn't believe me that it could be a little crazy. So at about 11:30pm, we headed to stand in line for the midnight opening of the doors, along with at least a 1,000 other people. We walked in the door and headed right towards our section where I picked up the magic piece of paper that would soon become a big box that we would have to figure out how to fit in the car. As my hand was still pulling the paper from the slot, a lady reached around me and grabbed the last paper that was sitting there. Her and her daughter started screaming like they had won the lottery. Now, if Josh and I would have been smart, we would have gone and got in line right away, but I decided that I wanted to go look at one more thing that I wanted to get. This is when the fight to put one foot in front of the other began. It was PACKED in there. We finally got to the Leapfrog section and I told Josh that we had to buy her what I was looking for because we fought so hard to get there, even if it wasn't on sale. We decided to find the line for the check out and go home. 30 minutes of Black Friday was enough for us. However, we didn't know that everyone else in the whole store had also made this decision and there was mass confusion of where the line was. The whole store hushed as announcements were made that we needed to find the blue arrows. I looked down and saw that some people right beside us were standing on the very important blue arrows. So I decided to walk the opposite way until I found the spot where the blue arrows started. Soon I found them and jumped in line. 45 minutes later I found out from the nice lady who was standing behind us that I had cut in front of her. She explained that she had stopped to talked to a friend and not moved her cart up and when she looked up there I was standing there. I really had no clue and apologized, but she just laughed and said it was no big deal. We made it home around 3am and went right to bed happy to know that we had saved $90 on Alyse's Christmas presents.
- I've been pretty sick the last few days. Why? Because my pharmacy has decided that they aren't going to refill my prescription. Let's just say that it has been a rough few days! My plan for today is to fix this issue and get me some drugs!!!!
- Friday Josh and I stayed in bed all day long. I wasn't feeling good (see above) so Josh decided that it would be a great time to watch The Godfather movies that he had DVRed. Yes, that is right, we watched 12 hours of Godfather on Friday.
- Saturday we finally made it up to my parents house.
- Sunday we went to the UNC Game. (Again, no pictures!!!! I don't know what is wrong with me!) Yep, another sporting event. However, UNC games are my favorite sporting event. Since I have no pictures, you can look at last years or the year before if you want.
- Today we are home and I am not leaving.
I know, best blog post ever!
Aren't you glad I'm back?
I am planning on "decorating" my blog today for Christmas and I promise to show you some pictures of the house this week too.
3 comments:
I have a random question. I know you paid for your blog design, so...you can still change it all up? Or do you have to go through the web designer?
I did pay Hollie at The Drama Mama almost a year ago to do my blog make over. I had to change everything because I guess the old blog that I had wouldn't even work for her. It didn't download images at all. Once she got me all set up it became easier to change things around. She also did another one about 6months ago. That one was much cheaper. She changed the header and background for me.
Since then I have kinda played around with the html and kinda learned to do it myself. The Christmas look and the last blue look that I did, was all me. I found backgrounds that I liked and then played around with the colors until I found a look I liked.
This was my first time doing a header for myself. I did it at picnik.com. I wouldn't say that I am great at it, but I don't mind doing it myself.
(Maybe I should take her button down, but I think she is really great, so if she gets any hits off of me I am glad to send her some people.)
It looks amazing!! I love it!!! You did a fantastic job!!
Post a Comment