So last week I was given this award by Desiree Marie over at The Family Behind A Badge. I don't know if I have anything else to tell y'all that you don't know about me... but I will try.1. There are many times that Josh calls me and asks what I did that day and half of the time I feel like I have nothing really to tell him. I have felt kinda guilty lately that I am wasting my days away. I need to get out of the house and do things like take Alyse to story time, the park, out for a walk.... There are so many days that I have realized that I need to get off my computer, turn off the TV, and do something. (I wasn't really like this before, but the past few months I have done horrible about wasting my days away!)
2. I watch Gilmore Girls at least once a day, almost every day. I love it. I have all 10 seasons on DVD and love to curl up in bed to spend some time with Rory and Lorelai. (The other day I was feeling kind of emotional and overwhelmed. Josh asked me what would help. I told him that I really just wanted a day at home alone watching Gilmore Girls.)
3. My house is always tidy...but isn't always as clean as everyone thinks it is. I really don't like to clean that much. However, there are days that I look around and notice how dirty things are and I go cleaning crazy.
4. I really do have a Christmas decorations addiction. It is BAD!
5. I really love to travel. Going to new places is always exciting to me. Places that I really want to go to one day: Hawaii, Europe (London, Paris, Venice, Rome, Athens, Santarini....), Australia, and maybe Africa, China, or other places. Honestly, I am open to going anywhere. The next few trips I would like to take would be to go to DC to see some friends and go to museums or go to NYC to see the Christmas decorations, see a show, etc. (Yes, I have been to DC - lived there for many years of my life, and I have also been to NYC, but I would love to go back.)
6. This year I had a list of 5 things that I really wanted. I have got 3 of them. One of them was to finally reach my goal weight. I was getting close until May when I got pregnant. I am fine with not reaching that goal! I will get there. Just give me a few months and I will start the process to get there all over again. I will reach my goal! The other thing that I wanted has been harder for me to give up. I really had planned on moving to a new house this year. We even found my DREAM home a few months ago, but it really just has not worked out for us to move. (LONG story. Telling it can also make me cry, so we will just pass on that for now.) Hopefully we won't be in this house forever, but I am praying hard that God would do two things. 1 - Help me be thankful and content with the cute little house that I do have. 2 - That someday soon we will be able to move on to a house that our little family will love.
7. As I type I have the season opener of the UNC basketball season is on the TV in the background. Go Heels! I am excited that the season has begun. We already have our tickets to go to a game in a few short weeks. However, I have to say that I am sad that Tyler, Ty, and the other boys are gone. I will still wear my Carolina Blue and am proud to be a Tar Heel born and breed! Yes, a lot of people forget that about me. I was born right in Charlotte. My parents did move us around a lot over the years (Virgina, Oklahoma, Indiana, Michigan) but I came right back to where I knew I always belonged - Charlotte! Glad Josh decided to come with me. (And no Josh is not home making me watch the game. I liked basketball a long time before I first saw him all hot in his basketball uniform. And he now likes Carolina because of me... well and because of Michael Jordan.)
8. When I was in Elementary school I hated my name. I tired to get everyone to call me by my middle name (Nicole), but no one ever did. Also when I was younger my sister tried to convince me that I was adopted. She told me that we really weren't twins. She said that mom and dad saw me and thought that we looked alike so they decided to adopt me. She also told me that they just took some of her pictures and said they were me but they were all her. Another time she convinced a friend of ours that my mom was not really our real mom. She told him that our real mom had died when she gave birth to us and that my dad married our now mom because she was from Canada and needed her green card to stay in the United States. Guess she liked to create some family drama for us all. (Note - NONE of that is true!)
9. My child cracks me up everyday. I think she is the cutest, funniest, sweetest little girl in the world!
10. Since my birthday I have felt really old. When did I grow up? How is my baby so big? We are going to be a family of 4! I feel like I should go back to high school and college and start over again sometimes. (Even though really I am where I always have wanted to be and wouldn't change that for the world!)
4 comments:
What a cute list! I especially like #8 because my older brother convinced me that I was adopted from aliens, which is why I was the only left-hander in the family, only female sibling, why I had freckles,etc...he was very thorough. It's hilarious that your TWIN sister said that about you!
I AM SO NUMBER 4! it would be christmas year round if it were up to me. And also number 5!And 6well same happened to me and we had our last baby.Im on my way to my prebaby weight:)I think thats what got us into trouble the last time haha I start getting down to a good place and well cant keep the hubs off of me!lol sorry about the house but god has plans for us all. and it will happen, and when it does it will be great and 8 is too funny, those siblings.Nice knowing more about you
I LOVE Gilmore Girls too! I have all the seasons, also! I loved your list, neat things about you! I used to tell people I was adopted and then one of my teachers called my parents to congratulate them on my adoption, and I got in BIG trouble!
Post a Comment