Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Few More Touches Of Fall

This past week I finally started to work on our front porch's fall decorations.
I had this idea to stack some pumpkins to give some height to the display. I think they turned out pretty cute.

Later this week we are going to carve a pumpkin, so that will be added for the final touch.

I also worked on painting some pumpkins for inside.
They turned out pretty cute.

I also pulled out some recipes for some more fall baking for this week.
Josh has requested that Alyse and I make him more apple dumplings.
I also decided to make some of Holly's pumpkin bread. It is very yummy!
Here is the recipe for the pumpkin bread:
3 1/3 cup all purpose flour
3 cups sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
2/3 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin

Mix everything together, add flour gradually at the end.
Pour into 3 greased 9 x5 loaf pans (or substitute 3 mini loafs for one of the large loaf pans).
Bake at 350 for 50 minutes to an hour (less time if using mini loaves).

Hint: dust the pan with cinnamon/sugar mixture after greasing to give the crust extra sweetness.


Update: Ha! I just noticed that Holly posted her recipe today too. It really is very good. Perfect fall treat.

6 comments:

Ink Obsession Designs said...

I love the pumpkins...so cute!

Unknown said...

I just saw her recipe too! I am going to make some. I am like you, I love to bake things, but I don't always eat what I bake-like apple stuff. Your pumpkins are so cute, and I love the "V" one!

mrsofficer said...

it looks great!

Lyryn said...

Those pumpkins are great!!! Love them

Natalie said...

This is like looking at a real version of some of the magazines I've looked over for the holiday! I was in Lowe's getting a front light for our house and saw the CUTEST pumpkin ideas in a Better Homes and Gardens mag. I LOVE what you've done with the pumpkin stacking! Such a fun season to decorate!

Summer said...

I love the pumpkin snowmen stacking at your front door! Super cute! Thanks for the idea of writing on the pumpkins like that! I love it.... :0)