Wednesday, October 21, 2009

We Are PJ people

I've read on a lot of blogs and had a number of my fellow stay at home moms tell me that they usually get up and get dressed almost every day.

They say that it makes them feel like they get more accomplished.

We aren't like that here at our house.
We are pajama people!
Unless we have somewhere to go or something that needs to be done, Alyse and I are in our pj's and have our slippers on.


(Really it is about 2 days, sometimes 3 days, that we just stay home. The rest of the days we have places to go, things to do, people to see....)

I use to get us dressed more, but now that
1-I don't really have many clothes that fit me
2 - Most mornings I am not feeling great
3-It is getting colder out
we really do tend to hang out in our pj's.

But trust me, I get plenty of stuff done while shuffling around in my slippers.

There was a day that I would set my alarm for 5:45am every morning and would have to be on my way to work no later that 7am. And I am sure that a time is coming where I will be running kids to school, practices, and other events. Plus I may go back to working someday....

I am guessing one day, a few short years from now, I will be wishing that I could just stay home nice and comfy all day.

So for now, I am just going to enjoy my days at home in my pajamas.

What about you? Are you a pj person?

7 comments:

TM said...

I am right there with you. I love to stay in my pjs as along as I can, especially during these fall days. There's nothing wrong with sporting slippers as long as you don't walk out the door with them!

Unknown said...

If I have to get dressed, I always put my sweats on right when I get back home!

Dori said...

We were jammie people...and then school started. But we are slipper people! Shoes come off at the door (under the bench at the front door and on the washer at the back door) and then depending on weather--slippers come on! I even managed to convert my non-slipper wearing husband that not all of my ideas are loony and now he has, not one, but two pairs of slippers! :D

Blogs said...

I love comfy clothes. I'll wear them everywhere, I don't care! Those polka dotted jammies are Rocking My SoX..:-)

dawn said...

totally a pj/comfy clothes kind of person here! i love a day at home and no one getting dressed. i have been known to let jesiah go outside and play in his pjs...shhhh, don't tell!

i admit i do feel like i get more done on days that i do get dressed and ready for the day, but if i am at home i am not wearing my "going out" clothes. when i do go out, i change as soon as i get home!

Heather said...

I am absolutely, positively a PJ person!!! Just like you!!! Love it!

Natalie said...

I've turned into one since my second child was born, especially once cold weather hits! I usually have things to do everyday which forces me to put shoes on at least, but sometimes I wear super-casual (borderline pajama) while running errands, which I swore I'd NEVER do!

I almost always put some make-up on because it doesn't feel like I've started my day without it. Does that disqualify me from the pajama casual? ;)