I was telling my friend Joy that we were going to do something and she told me that their family had been given some free tickets to Carowinds and that they had enough for their family of 5 and our family of 3 to go. So the plan was made for a day of amusement park fun.
Alyse had no clue where we were taking her but she seemed very excited as we walked through the gates.
Dora was there to greet her, but Alyse decided that she was going to be shy.
She loved all the kiddie rides. If she was tall enough to ride them, she was more than willing to hop on. The hot air balloons and carousel were her favorites.
I did not get to ride one ride. Most of the day I stood taking pictures and watching everyone else, but I still had a great time.
Josh did get to ride many roller coasters. It was a beautiful day outside, and there hardly were any lines, so he got to ride many of them over and over again without getting off.
While everyone else was riding the big rides, Alyse was happy to people watch and watch the rides.
She had a smile on her face most of the day

(Oh, I have to tell you about the shopping. They were clearing out the end of the season merchandise. You could buy a bag for $20 and pack it full of as much stuff as you could. Joy and I decided to split the price and go in together to pick stuff out for all the kids. I so wish that I would have taken a picture of everything we got!
(This picture was taken at the restaurant that we went to after we left the park. She slept most of the time in the booth behind us.)
Honestly...I came home and went right to bed myself.
3 tickets to Carowinds - Free
Parking - $10
Drinks - $10
Shopping - $10
Food - $30
Day of family fun - Priceless!
(Oh, I have to tell you about the shopping. They were clearing out the end of the season merchandise. You could buy a bag for $20 and pack it full of as much stuff as you could. Joy and I decided to split the price and go in together to pick stuff out for all the kids. I so wish that I would have taken a picture of everything we got!
Here is what I can remember stuffing in the bag:
4 stuffed monkeys
2 stuffed bears
1 stuffed horse
1 Backyardigan's playground ball
2 sets of glittery "shakers"
1 Tasha hat
1 Dora storage box
3 super large pencils
2 bubble swords
1 bubble gun
2 outfits for the stuffed animals
1 big decorative flower
That is all I can remember right now... but I know there was more. We were so proud of our bargain shopping and bag packing!)

3 comments:
Wow, what a great deal with the bag! What fun times!
I can't believe how much you DIDN'T spend there! We went to the State Fair and let my son ride some of the rides, but they were SO expensive! And I don't want to even talk about how awesome of a deal you got on your goodies bag. Sigh. Looks like an absolute blast and must've been SO fun!
I'm jealous! I wish I could have gone. Guess when I officially have kids we can do all that fun stuff together
Post a Comment