I saw this on some else's blog and had to.
It is "So We Don't Forget" ~ 1st place you lived after you were married.
I loved this idea because our first year of marriage was one of my favorite times in my life.
I had just graduated from college and Josh was in his senior year. We only had one car (which I used to drive to one of my 3 jobs ~Substitute teaching, working at a bank, and working at Bath and Body Works). So we had to live close to campus so Josh could get to classes, basketball, and work. (He worked at the gym.)
During the last few weeks of my senior year, when wedding plans and plans for our first year were my main concern in life, some friends and I drove by this house.
I thought it was so cute. It was right off campus (and you could see the gas station where they sold my favorite Noble Roman's breadsticks from the driveway.) I copied the number down and Josh found out that it fit our budget so I moved in right after graduation.This is the house were I got ready for our wedding.
It also is the house were we came home from our honeymoon and started our first year of life together.
I loved it!
I loved the wood floors and cute archway in the living room/dinning room.

(The table was a graduation/wedding present from my parents. It is our kitchen table now. The furniture was hand me downs from my parents basement that I slip covered.)
Also downstairs was a little office and our kitchen.
Our kitchen makes me laugh! Can you tell that I was an Elementary Education major? I am still trying to get rid of all that apple stuff.

The house was a 3 bedroom house. All the rooms were upstairs.
One of the bedrooms I made into a guest room, but I think it was only used like 4 times by my family and every once in awhile by a friend who needed to crash instead of going back to the dorm (... George!)
The other bedroom I gave to Josh to decorate. (Because I use to believe it was OUR house and he should have some say in the decorating! Not so much anymore. Just kidding!)
Josh made it into his Michael Jordan room.
If you know my husband at all, you know that he loves Michael Jordan. I use to tell him that I thought he loved him more than me because he had like 1 or 2 pictures of me and then 100 or 200 of Michael. The money that boy spent on "stuff"! This is just a small example.
We still have all that stuff. Most of it is in boxes but some of it is on display on the gym part of our garage. Some day you can have another Michael Jordan room, Josh. I promise!Finally was our master bedroom.
I tried to make it romantic....

Looking back at that house I have lots of good memories.

Looking back at that house I have lots of good memories.
I loved that Josh and I had a place of our own.
I loved making dinner for him (and up to 15 other basketball players) every night. (Not kidding. There were many team dinner made by me. And Aaron and George were at our table at least 2x a week.)
I loved that we were so poor we just sat around watching movies. (Only had basic cable. Almost killed me!)
I loved that we took care of that house like it was our dream house, even though we only lived there for less than a year and it really wasn't all that great.
It was ours and we were so happy!

3 comments:
That's such a pretty place. I prefer older homes, which I'm assuming that might be because of the kitchen. Nowdays it's hard to get many cabinets, but they used to build them with plenty.
Our first place was 429 square feet with concrete block (painted) walls in Okinawa Japan. One big room with a separate bathroom. For some of our furniture we draped cardboard boxes with beach towels. There was no sense buying anything because we were there unaccompanied and couldn't ship anything back.
Greatest time of our life, except maybe for now - 24 years later.
Oh my word that house is so cute!! Thanks for sharing the pictures! I would love to live there!! I love all the apple stuff, that was funny! Wasn't the first year of marriage the nice, simple life?!
This was so fun to read! I was actually just thinking about our first couple of places the other day. Unfortunately, i don't have any inside pics, just outside! These are great memories and your Alyse will love seeing where you first started your life together. And it does look like a nice little place.
Do you still and apples in your decor? :)
Post a Comment