I tend to make the same things over and over.
So I thought it I would join in on Kelly's Korner's Show Us Your Life - Dinner Recipes.
Again, it was hard for me to pick a recipe. So I thought I would tell you some of the meals that I made this week.
Spicy Chicken and cheese.
This is really easy.
All I do is thaw some frozen chicken breast. Season them with McCormick Cajun spice and then grill (or if it is cold and rainy, cook on a skillet). To finish it off, I put a slice of pepper jack cheese on top and let it melt.
For sides, we usually have rice (Lipton's Cajun or Mexican rice) and green beans. Sometimes I make corn muffins too.
Broccoli Casserole
(One of my favorites. I added the chicken this week to make a main dish and not just a side.)
Ingredients
Frozen broccoli (large bag – about 24oz)
½ stick of butter (cut into small squares)
1lb of Velvetta cheese (cubed)
1 stack (about 35) crushed Ritz crackers
Directions:
Make broccoli as directed on bag (microwave/stove)
Place broccoli, butter, and Velvetta, and cracker in a dish (layer in order as listed )
Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes
*Note:
To make a main dish, you can take some cubed (cooked) chicken
and layer in before you add the Velvetta and crackers.
Baked Spaghetti
So easy, but we love it!
Boil some spaghetti noodles.
Brown some meat.
Mix noodles, meat, and your favorite sauce together in a large pan.
Put a layer of shredded cheese on the top.
Put in oven at 350 until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Those are some of my simple, yet yummy dishes.
Can't wait to get some more by clicking around the other recipes.
6 comments:
Yummy, girl! Those all sound so good! I am with you, I feel like I make the same stuff over, and over again! Thanks for posting this! Hope you are feeling better!
I fall in to the bad habit of making the same stuff for dinner all the time too! To overcome this (and to keep my husband from eating Burger King b/c he is bored with my cooking!) I make a meal plan each week. I start with 5 protiens, usually based on whatever is on sale that week. Then I go to kraftfoods.com and type a protien into their dinner recipe search. I try to find meals that have the same ingredients, so I don't waste anything. Honestly, this has made it much easier for me....I know what I'm making every night. It's also a lot cheaper because I don't have to run to the store every day to find something to cook.
I love baked spaghetti!
I have never seen so many great recipes...Love yours...and love your blog..
Hope you will stop by new Christmas blog ...There is a great giveaway that I will draw for on Oct 1st and all you need to do to enter is comment.
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
Thanks for some new ideas! The heating coil in my oven completely melted (really weird) but I've been hesitant to get a replacement coil because I REALLY want a new oven.
Needless to say, I've been having to think outside of the box for my meals, and some of these will work quite nicely. Thanks again!
Great ideas. Always looking for new recipes.
Post a Comment