Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I Need A Vacation

Does anyone else feel like they need a vacation after their vacation?

I mean, honestly, I spent the last week at the beach and had a 3 day weekend, but I think I am more tired today than I was before we went on vacation!

The beach was wonderful.

I love laying out in the sun reading book after book. Sadly this year we only had about 3 "beach days". Most of the days were kinda cold and cloudy/rainy. (Always happens on our beach trip!)

I also love the long walks that Josh and I take. We walk for miles, just the two of us, talking about everything and nothing at the same time. Sometimes Alyse walks with us, but... we don't usually get very far.

It is always sad to leave "our beach house" and get back to real life.

Josh and I rushed home to a very busy weekend.

Saturday was my friend Lori's wedding. I had offered to help with some of the decorations which meant that Josh got volunteered to help too. Hello, I am only 5'3'', how am I suppose to hang paper lanterns from trees by myself? :) I needed his 6' 3" self!

I so wish that I had pictures from the wedding to share with you, but I was so busy I never pulled out my camera! I didn't take a picture of the beautiful decorations. I didn't take a picture of myself in the cute pink dress that I finally got to wear. I didn't even take a picture of myself with the BEAUTIFUL bride! (So mad at myself!) But trust me, it was a beautiful wedding!!!!!

Sunday it was so nice to be back at Elevation! (I miss it when we are away.) Josh had the day "off" but I still had some responsibilities to take care of. I did get a little nap in (which is rare) but we had to hurry afterwards so I was ready to make it to the 6pm service, which we left early from to go meet my parents who were bringing Alyse back home.

And even though most people had Monday off, Josh still had to work. We went Uptown to meet him because there was a Labor Day parade (which really is nothing to write about! Won't be going to that next year.) We also had lunch with my parents and then did a little errand running. The only relaxing thing that happened all weekend was a mani/pedi.

Today I am going to finish all our unpacking, laundry, and cleaning up/organizing. A trip to the grocery store is also a necessity! There are many emails, phone calls, and plans that need to be taken care of
BUT
there is a small problem with me trying to get stuff done.....




That would be my BlackBerry... in pieces!

The little ball/mouse part totally came off!

It actually came off a few weeks ago when I was out at Starbucks with some other ladies. I thought that I had fixed it myself, but last night it came off and I can't get it back together. I am guessing a trip to the Sprint store is going to be added to my to-do list. (Trust me, trying to text to take care of some things this morning was VERY difficult!) Don't think I can live with it like this for very long.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would totally feel lost without my phone, sorry yours is broke!! I hear ya on the vacation after a vacation! I am so glad you all had fun, and the beach is such a relaxing place to go!

dawn said...

oh darn about your phone! i wondered if you were able to fix it permanently after it happened at starbucks, guess not - so sorry! i almost had to make a trip to sprint last week with all four - thankfully i didn't have to go!

oh and i always feel like i need a vacation after a vacation!! glad you had a good time!

see you soon!