Saturday, August 15, 2009

This Week In Blog Land

Sometimes I have a hard time thinking of topics to write about here on my blog. There are so many times that I think, "Why in the world would people want to read about me!"

It would be really boring for me to tell you...
Josh woke up early and went to work
Alyse and I woke up, had breakfast, and watched Noggin
Alyse and I played outside/went to Target/went to the grocery store...
Alyse and I had lunch
Alyse took a nap
I worked out
I did devotions
I didn't get either one of those things done but really wanted to.
I read blogs
I read another book
I made dinner
I cleaned up around the house
I put Alyse to bed
I watched TV
I went to bed
Josh came home

Cause really, that list is what almost every day looks like for us....

Anyway... This week I have been so busy and I haven't felt all that creative. So I decided to tell you about some of my favorite blog post written by other people in the last week or so.

~~~~~~~~~~

This past week Megan wrote this post about TGIF. You know, the Friday night event that most of us a kids could not wait for - ABC's line up of Family Matters, Step by Step, Boy Meets World, and of course Full House. Reading this post made me think of two things:

1 - The memory of being in elementary school and going to my friend Kim's house almost every Friday. We would put our pjs on, roll out our sleeping bags, eat pizza, and watch from 8pm to 10pm when we had to go to bed. The next morning we would wake up, watch some Saved By The Bell, and eat some pancakes. Oh memories!

2 - I also had this flash back of a few years ago when I was teaching. (For those of you who don't know I taught 3rd grade before Alyse was born.) One day we were out on the playground for recess. A few of my girls were talking about how they were really excited because after school (on either The Family Channel or Nick at Night or something) there was a NEW Full House that was going to be on. It made me laugh. I told them that maybe they hadn't seen it before but really it wasn't new. We then had this big conversation how I use to watch that show when I was their age when it actually was NEW.

~~~~~~~~~~

Last week, Myra (a new blog friend that I've made) wrote about her honeymoon. One of the places they stayed was The Gaylord Opryland Hotel. This post also brought back a funny memory for me.

A few months after Josh and I were married, Josh's basketball team had a tournament that they were playing in in Nashville. I was so excited because the coach asked if I wanted to come along and stay with them. I had always wanted to stay at this hotel and never missed a basketball game so of course I was ready for Josh and my first getaway as a married couple, along with 12 other guys, 2 coaches, and 2 trainers.

When we went to check in at the hotel we were all gathered around waiting for the hostess to come and hand us our room keys. Half way through the list she looks at me (being the only girl) and says, "Here Stephanie. Here is your and Jared's keys. And we heard you were newlyweds so your room is all set up for you." Everyone started laughing because if you read that it said JARED not Josh. I had been matched up with a freshman named Jared who was super excited about spending the weekend with me. He picked up my bag and said, "Let's go Steph!" It was so funny!

~~~~~~~~~~

Also this week Heather at Whittaker Woman returned after a "summer break" from blogging. I was reminded about how much I love her blog. I think she is fabulous! She always has these super cute ideas of things that she does with her kids. I have a notebook of "Mommy Ideas" full of things I want to do, places I want to go, crafts I want to make, etc with Alyse (and any other babies that come along.) A ton of the ideas are stolen right from her blog. Their back to school fashion show (with apples lining the runway) and family night were they ate crayons are already written down in my notebook!

~~~~~~~~~~

I received a blog award this week from Mrs. Fuzz at a police wife.
(Thanks again!)

The rules of the One Lovely Blog Award are: Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and her blog link. Pass the award to another blog that you've newly discovered. Remember to contact the blogger to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

I've "met" a lot of new blog friends lately...

I couldn't decide who to give it to.

Finally I decided to give it to LOV at sunflowers and love. We started reading each others blogs a few months ago and are even Facebook friends now. She always leaves me great comments and every time I read them or one of her blog post I can't help but smile.

~~~~~~~~~~

Along with a blog award this week, I also won my first ever blog giveaway! Kate at Called Out One had a giveaway and I won a frame and a journal. So exciting!!!!

This reminds me - I'm going to do my own little giveaway here in the next week or so. Wait for it! (Imagine I just said that like Barney on How I Met Your Mother~Love that show!)

4 comments:

lov said...

yay, what a random post!! i love random post!!

thanks so much for thinking of me and giving me the award! soooo sweet!! :)

Anonymous said...

All my blogs are random, about our everyday life....lol sometimes it boring but hey its my blog right :) I love reading your blog. I found you through Mrs Fuzz at A Police Wife...

Amethystmoon said...

I loved the random post! Thanks for awarding Lov with the award so she could pass it on to me, and I can pass it on to someone who will pass it on to someone who will...

I'm going to make you a regular stop!

Natalie said...

Of all the weeks to be MIA from the blogging world! Oh, well. It's probably for the better because I've been wanting to put together a flashback to the 80s (more specifically hair) and it's painful enough to see that it probably shouldn't be shared. ;)

Thanks for the memories, especially the TGIF one! We would usually pop popcorn and make orange julius.